Chapter 25: Training?

-Geno's POV-

*Splash* "WAKE UP!"

"AHHH!" I fumble off my bed, panting from the ice-cold water that was splashed onto my face. I look up to see Fell holding a bucket and smirking. Dream stands next to him holding what seems to be a folder. Its edges are worn out, obviously been used for a long time.

"Now isn't that refreshing. Get up, we have to start training soon. Blue is already waiting inside the practice area, don't keep him waiting." Fell states, dropping the bucket onto the floor next to me. He slowly starts to walk outside the room. Dream looks back at me and mouths a 'sorry'.

"R-right...!" I state, standing up quickly. I push back the feeling of rage slowly building inside of me. Nightmare had just told me that Error was kidnapped in my dreams. Now they're looking for Reaper since he might know where she is. I'll see about what I can do to find where Ink is taking his 'vacation'.

I follow them both into an empty-white area with the only indication for it to be called a 'training area' being a wooden sign hanging from the entrance. I see Blue standing, waiting there in an obviously rehearsed stance. He seems to be sweating somewhat. His smile looks more nervous than happy. I wonder what's wrong...

"Get in line you maggots." Fell states to both Dream and I. He grabs the folder from Dream and waits for us to fall in. He nods, somewhat satisfied. "Now then, allow me to introduce myself. I am Fell and I will be your temporary coach since Ink is on break. My job is to keep you maggots in shape, ready for a moments notice. We cannot predict when an au will be attacked, so you must hone your skills to the fullest."

Fell holds up the folder for all of us to see. I see Blue flinch at the sight of it and Dream frown somewhat.

"See this folder? This here is the guideline; I was told to follow it to keep you maggots prepared. Heed my warning, there will not be any breaks until this entire sheet is finished. Got that?" Fell asks in a commanding voice.

"Yes sir!" Blue and Dream say in unison. I didn't since I'm not sure how their training is. Fell glares in my direction but he proceeds to continue his speech.

"I will now proceed the training." Fell opens the folder. He immediately frowns and looks up to Dream in confusion. "...Are you sure this is correct?" Dream nods, forcing a smile. Fell looks back at the page, mumbling something. All I could hear was 'pain'. "...The first exercise is to endure 10 bone slashes. Stand still."

Wait, what?

Without warning, Fell teleports in front of Blue and slashes him using a bone. Blue fumbles backwards, holding his bleeding chest. Fell frowns, but quickly teleports to Dream. I stand there in horror as Dream also just takes the hit. He stays up, no wound on his chest. Fell nods. When Fell teleports in front of me, I instinctively move out of the way as he swings at me. "Geno! You aren't allowed to move! Take it like a champ!" Fell shouts.

He gives me no time to react as he quickly teleports in front of me again and proceeds to slash. I fall back onto the floor. Feeling my old scar burning from the familiar pain. Fell frowns as he looks toward Dream again. "Are you sure this is correct? This attack could kill a monster." Dream nods as he goes to heal Blue whose breath is faint.

"Yes, this is correct. Ink created this regimen with the thought that Nightmare's gang will try to dust any of us. If our body learns to ignore the pain, we should feel stronger and last longer in battle."

What kind of stupid-

"That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard." Fell says what I was thinking. Dream looks at him in confusion. Fell frowns even more at this. "This folder, what is written in it is nothing more than abuse. Most of these exercises are stupid and only possible if there is a great healer there for emergencies. Even in my au, we don't train like this. You guys must be some sort of masochists if you can actually endure this training."

"But...I thought it was normal. I'm fine with it. And I'm always there for Blue when he gets hurt." Dream says as Blue's breath slowly stabilizes.

"Then what about if you're not there?" Fell asks sharply. "What if Ink continues this training and you're not there to heal Blue? What, did you assume that everyone has your body? Blue is a mortal, a normal skeleton. You are a god. Those physiques are vastly different. His pain tolerance is significantly lower than yours."

Fell throws the folder into a trashcan. He proceeds to walk away and out of the room. "I will not be following that garbage. Rest while I create a new and better regimen."

We are left there in silence. I glance towards Dream who is looking at Blue like he's some sort of strange specimen. He frowns and shakes away whatever thought was plaguing his mind. "...Dream?" I call to him. He turns to look at me and quickly teleports.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I got lost in thought. Here, let me heal you." Dream says as he proceeds to heal me. I stare into his eye-sockets. He ignores my staring. I'm unsure how to bring up the topic about Ink...But I try anyways.

"...Did he tell you where he went for vacation?" Although I didn't say his name, Dream knew who I was asking about.

"All I know is that he calls it 'The Rainbow'. I've never seen it before myself, so it must be something that exists in his light area."

I push back any other questions I wanted to ask after seeing his face scrunch up a bit. He hides it well; I'll give him that. When he's done healing me, he stands up and goes back to Blue. Picking him up, as if it's some sort of habit at this point, he sighs.

"...Does he stop training when Blue's down?"

Dream turns away from me, but shakes his head for a no. He quickly teleports away to what I assume to be Blue's room. I stand up, patting off the non-existing dirt from my shorts. I sigh in resignation. The more I learn about him, the more I question why Error still wants to be his friend. Perhaps, it's because she doesn't know the real him yet?

I stand up and walk towards the trashcan that Fell threw that folder in. Grabbing it, I open to the only page inside. My insides slowly turn. And I can't help but question how Fell only reacted with a frown. I slam the folder shut, refusing to read anymore. I teleport back into my room and place the folder inside one of the drawers resting next to my bed. I'll need to set up a date for when to give this information to Nightmare. I find myself worrying about Error even more than I already am. If he is capable of hurting his own friends like this under the status of 'training', then who knows what more he is capable of.

All I can do for now is wait and hope for news.