Chapter 28: Feeling Blue

-Geno POV-

"This isn't fair!" I whisper shout. I've just rummaged through all of Ink's files for where he will be taking his vacation. And all read that they're going to be inside his light-area. But what has me mad isn't the fact he calls it a vacation, no, it's the fact that Dream told me he closed off access to that area.

I wondered what he meant when he said that, but didn't ask him directly. I was scared he'd catch onto me. So, after reading what it means, I came to the realization that no-one, without authorization, can enter or leave. It's like the perfect jail for Error.

I scratch my head as I quickly put back all important documents. I only had this much time, because Dream is still with Blue who has yet to awaken. But I jot down the key info onto a small pad for later use.

I was hoping to find what 'The Rainbow' was. Nothing came up. I can only assume Ink either lied or kept that info only for himself. I quickly teleport back onto my beanbag when I hear footsteps approaching the room.

Turning to look, I see Dream walking into the office. He looks tired mentally.

"Is Blue fine?" I ask him, pretending that I have been working on documents. I sort of wish I did do some to help with Dream's predicament...

Dream looks at me and smiles faintly. "...He's awake now. Why don't you go visit him? I'll continue working here. I have to look over what Fell wrote for his training regimen."

"Alright." I state, standing up. I exit but glance back one more time. I want to say something to comfort him, but what should I say? What could I have said? So, I chose to leave quietly. I'll focus on trying to get Blue to join us. He seems like he's had it more worse than Dream.

I teleport in front of Blue's room. Thinking that it would be rude to just barge in, I go for a knock. But before I could place my hand on the door, I hear whimpering on the other side...is he crying? Why didn't Dream notice he's not feeling okay? Can Blue hide it well? I open the door slowly, trying to see if he really is crying. I can see Blue hugging his blanket while covering his face. He has yet to notice I'm here.

I slowly close the door behind me and walk up to him. Thinking about how Error comforted me, I go for a hug. Blue flinched at the contact and quickly looks up at me. His eyes widen in surprise.

"G-Geno! I didn't hear you come in!" Blue quickly wipes off his magic tears and forces a smile. "Forget you saw that just now. I was just thinking about how training went today!"

"You don't have to lie to me Blue." I say, not letting go of this hug. "It's okay to cry. You don't have to hide it. I won't force you to tell me what's wrong if you're not comfortable in telling me yourself."

I can feel Blue's tears leak even more. He returns the hug. We sit there in silence. All that can be heard is the sounds of soft crying and hiccups. When I think he's calming down, I pat his head. Blue tries to stabilize his weeping to say a sentence.

"...What was your au like?" He asks.

I think about my friends, family, and home. A thing I can never return to again. I think about how it was like before the human went mad and did all those genocides. "...It was peaceful at first. My brother loved to make puzzles and cook spaghetti. He wanted to be in the royal guard, so I took on multiple jobs to pay for just that. Never told him about it though, I didn't want to not look lazy."

I hear Blue chuckle a bit. "...You remind me of my brother. He was a lazybones. Never wanted to help me catch the human that fell down into the underground. I always did the cooking and wanted to also be in the royal guard. Although I think tacos are more delicious than spaghetti."

I laugh softly, feeling that the atmosphere is warming up a bit. Blue sighs, and pats me to let go. I release the hug, seeing Blue smiling tiredly. I decide to sit next to him on his bed. Just in case I should hug him again.

Blue's smile falls. He looks up at me and turns away. "...I miss Papy."

"Did something happen to him?" I ask. Blue shakes his head for a no.

"He's fine. My au is safe. I'm just being selfish..."

I tilt my head in confusion and raise and eyebrow. "...What do you mean by selfish?"

Blue sighs, crunching up his blanket. "...I want to go visit them."

What? "How is that being selfish?" I can't help but ask. Blue frowns a bit and scratches his head.

"...Cause, Ink told me I'd run the risk in endangering my au. He said that if Nightmare sees me inside my au, he would destroy it."

Something doesn't feel right. "Aren't you an original?"

"I am." Blue confirms.

"Then you shouldn't worry." I say without thinking twice. Blue looks at me in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asks. Oh no...how do I word it without looking suspicious?

"...Cause, when I was kidnapped, I heard Nightmare discussing with his gang that since I'm an original, he cannot dust me." Telling the truth with a bit of lies is better.

"Why can't he dust us?" Blue ask in confusion. I'm guessing Ink either didn't tell them or he didn't know. Probably the former.

"Because if he dusted an original, then all copies of that au will disappear." I say. Blue looks even more confused.

"Then shouldn't he feel happy? He'd be getting rid of a lot more aus that way."

"Indeed that would be better. But destroying aus doesn't seem to be his goal. In fact, all he wants is to feel despair. That gives him more power. Destroying aus must be for something else."

Blue looks thoughtful at my statement. I am now thinking if I should tell him the truth. But it seems to be too early. I need to persuade him that Nightmare isn't bad first. Taking him to his au should help him calm his nerves.

"Would you like me to take you to your au?" I ask him. Blue brightens at the suggestion.

"You know how to make portals?! I thought only gods can do that!"

Seems Ink hasn't told his subordinates a lot of important information.

I smile. "No, anyone can learn to make portals. It just takes time to master it. I can teach you how to make portals later if you want?"

"Yes! That would be great! I can help Dream when he's tired from making too many portals that way!" Blue brightens at the suggestion. I motion my hand to open a portal.

"Great! Let's take you home for a visit first."