Bonus Chapter: Phases

Malhotra Mansion, 3:30 pm

MANIK:

Green mountains were bestowed with a gigantic waterfall, its water landing on the ground, flowing through the path delineated by maroon-black rocks shaping the stream as well as being carved into softer black beauties by the water meeting the river. She admired the water droplets, played with the pebbles; even smiled feeling the soft wind that blew her slightly tangled, curly-wet hair and all I did was staring at Nandini.

Sprinkling some drops at my lost figure, she eyed the waterfall suggesting me to stand under the phenomenal art of nature and walked in its direction. I panicked thinking about the force of water and called, "Nandini, stop!"

She seemed to be too involved to get herself into trouble, that made me run in her direction but the moment I was about to reach; I slipped. My head landed on a nearby soft rock and a shooting pain rose. The mountains turned darker, so did everything else. Only thing I could sense was pain, the heaviness in my head.

"Nandini!" I shrieked the moment I opened the eyes, my hand immediately holding the head in order to aid the heaviness and syncope.

"Ouch," I murmured rubbing the temple while releasing a long breath and attempted to orient myself to the surroundings.

Hangover? But when did I drink?

I did not make a fool out of myself, right?

Obviously, I'm not that dramatic.

"Shit, Nandini," I searched for my phone on the side table but it wasn't near the night lamp where I usually kept it. I wasn't in my loose T-shirt and trouser which meant I crashed on the bed the moment I came home.

My frequent movements disturbed Cabir sleeping next to me, "Chup kar ja Manik, Raat bhar Nandini Nandini bol bol ke sar kha gaya tu mera."

"Where is she though? And why do I feel like I'm having a hangover?" I asked in a bit disoriented tone.

"She is at Murthy Mansion, probably still sleeping or babysitting Navya," Cabir answered.

"Navya, what happened to her?" I frowned.

"Ssshhh, Fairy queen is getting angry."

"Haww, how do you know she is fairy queen?"

Flashes appeared in front of my eyes.

"Wait, you seriously don't remember? Man, I should try bhang sometime," Cabir nodded surprised.

"What the hell?" I screamed unable to understand his statement.

Mental note: My best friend needed help. #Settingfree #deaddiction #Trysomethinggoodcabir

"Manik?" Navya's guy moved his palm in front of my eyes as I didn't respond to his words which precisely had gone deaf on my ears.

"Stop thinking of trying such things man, your friend would make a de-addiction psychology project and give us another lecture. She can do that you know. Anyways, what were you saying?" I tried focusing on his words.

"I was saying that my dear friend, your case has been registered in Shimla's great writer and Industrialist Mr. Chandrakant Murthy's very own personal court. Your bail of explanation was rejected, and the lawyer as in Nandini might face the consequences for fighting from your side," Cabir orated holding an imaginary mike as he stood on the bed.

"Could you just simplify it or rather cut it short?" I gave a done-with-your-drama expression.

He was the very definition of dramatic, get that clear kids, I wasn't.