A blissful moment

Murthy Mansion:

NANDINI:

I opened my eyes to see nothing, nothing in particular. The Sun rays, morning breeze, the ambience of my room, the bed, that fluffy yellow cushion, even my favorite orange bolster, the one I loved hugging tightly in sleep, everything was the same, except me.

Why I suddenly wanted to see his face as the first thing in the morning?

I missed him or maybe he was missing me.

My phone pinged with a message from Manik.

Manik 7: 15 a.m.

Good Morning! Virtual kisses. Ahem. Ahem. Cheek-kiss. Nandini, I'm not leaving you until you start reciprocating! See you. *Winks*

"This guy," I whispered shaking my head with a smile and stared at his text for a brief moment while curling my hair around the index finger.

Manik 7: 18 a.m.

Now, stop playing with your hair. It's my right!

I opened my mouth astounded and my eyes glittered with amusement. Did he actually understood me to that extent or was it just a part of Manik Malhotra's charm, the one which he used on every second girl?

Manik 7: 20 a.m.

Nandiniiii, you didn't even greet me. Do you plan on wishing me 'morning' by my way? *Puppy eyes, toothy grin*

I blinked my eyes twice while caressing my cheeks as they suddenly felt warmer and I wondered why I was giving him so much of power over me.

Manik 7: 21 a.m.

I so wish to eat that cotton candy adorning your cheeks!

Texting him a 'Good Morning', I moved out of my bed in order to get ready for Elite. It was uncanny; the way that foolish smile never left my lips. I was irritated when Manik acted like a love-sick-puppy but it seemed I was behaving the same.

All those romantic novels were right. Life did feel a little more beautiful.

Elite High School, canteen:

MANIK:

"It has been quite long since I saw you with any girl," Cabir remarked while Navya glanced at me inquisitively.

"Almost four months," I replied with a casual look.

"It's a record in the history of Elite. The Manik Malhotra is single for four long months! Why is it so? Are you in a secret relationship or something?" Navya enquired as a gossip-queen and Nandini looked at her perplexed. The smirk on Cabir's face made me cough vigorously.

Someone passed me a glass of water, gulping the chilled liquid I calmed a bit, but my insides jumped as I heard, "Are you fine, Manik baby?"

Could it be?

No, Nandini? It wasn't possible. Perhaps, it didn't sound like her voice.

"You look so hot today. Where have you been?" I looked at Soha as she rubbed my back with her one hand while her other hand rested on my left shoulder.

Cabir and Navya seemed flummoxed. I didn't dare to look at Nandini. Something had always been off between the two of them.

"Are we missing something? Is she the one?" Navya asked curiously.

"Hello to you, too, Miss Whatever. Ahh, you are also here Miss Nerd," Soha gave a disgusted expression while Nandini reflected the same.

"Manik baby, I forgive you. You didn't come on a date with me on Valentine's Day. It's okay. How about tonight? Have you undergone some beauty treatment? Your face is glowing so much!" Soha's honey-coated words made me tensed and I gulped as my eyes found Nandini glaring at her hand on my shoulder.