Too straightforward ?!

It was all dark until a single spotlight came to life . The rays of light traveled linearly creating a whole universe concomitant with the dust particles who appeared as the stars and planets. For a moment I wanted to be infinitesimally small enough to be a part of this juvenile universe. I wanted to discover the world inside those particles. Wasn't it possible that they also had a life within them ?  May be they didn't but they had the strength to make a simple ray of light seem like a ray of hope. Hope for life. They made it mysterious ; making me curious about it. 

Standing under the spotlight I was adoring the charisma this place offered when my eyes espied a silhouette which forwarded a hand towards me. Taking it as my cue to give my hand in his ; I moved closer doing the same . The sparkling white light made his skin shine and I thought if the stars were in my eyes making me perceive the world as shiny .  

I twirled holding his hand , the way he balanced me ; I wanted him to hold on to my heart analogously and then it seemed as if the sparkles were not ascribable to the the spotlight ; may be they were present within us , in between us. Just us. 

 His amber brown eyes conversed with my velvet black ones making my whole being aware of our every step ahead. There was something about us ; synergism between our moves made me believe it , as if he could understand my every fear , anxiety , shyness , excitement . He could even understand confidence and strong headed part of my character. Moreover , the anticipation in his eyes evinced this utterly unbelievable symbiosis between us. 

We swayed elegantly and I wondered if it will be the same always . If his touch will be this gentle always , if his eyes will show the same anticipation always , if I will feel this always , if 'We' will feel this always. Despite of me being the one with futuristic views ; moving with him on the mellifluous music gave me my peace , although my heartbeats were at a fast pace. 

The lights disappeared and my yearning eyes searched for his warm and welcoming ones , although I could still feel the soft touch of his fingers on my waist letting my conscious know that he is for real and not one of my beautiful delusions . I stood motionless absorbing the tranquility of his touch until the hall enlightened with bright light and I heard tremendous claps of commendation. 

 Looking at the audience I smiled , so did Manik . 

Krissan Mam : Perfect! That's exactly the kind of chemistry I want when Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth will dance for the second time. Manik , Nandini , good job guys. Come on now Cabir , Navya show me what you both have prepared .

Manik left without saying anything . Following him , I held his hand . He stopped and turned around. His scrutinizing gaze searched for rationality in my actions. When I didn't say anything , he said -

Manik : Let me go Nandini .

Nandini : No Manik . You can't just leave like this. You can't always beat a hasty retreat when I question you , just the way you did yesterday. 

Manik : Listen Nandini , it's nothing like that. 

Nandini : Then what is it like Manik ? What's all this ? Why your eyes delineate a different story? 

Manik : I know Nandini. You don't have to repeat anything. I know it very well that you have no interest in being my flavor of the month . 

Nandini : But I'm very well acquainted with your interest in me . 

Manik (With astonishment) : What ? 

Nandini : Yes Manik . I can hear it in your words , I can see it in your eyes , I can feel it in your care. But you also know it , whatever it is ; it not what I want. It's not what I asked for.  

Manik : You want it to be deep , don't you ?

Nandini : Why don't you want the same ? 

Manik : I ... I don't know. Even I can ask you a similar question , Why can't you let it be simple ? The way I kept it simple.

Nandini : Because I get attached Manik . I can't be you. I'm Nandini Murthy. 

Manik : Exactly . I also can't be Nandini Murthy. I'm Manik Malhotra and this is my way. Relationships are like this for me and I don't want anything deeper .   

Nandini : What you are saying is not called relationship Manik . How can you even call being with a girl for a week or two as relationship ?

Manik : How can you decide it's love if you have not been in 'Love' ever before ?

Nandini : When did I say Love ?

Manik : You didn't . But you meant it. 

Nandini (Sighs) : Okay. Let's keep it simple. Let's be friends. I'll try to make you understand my view . You can do vice versa. 

Manik : Okay. Deal ? 

Nandini (Chuckled) : Friends . 

Manik : Okay. So , who told you that I'm kind of interested in you Miss Friend ?

Nandini : Navya did. 

Manik chuckled . 

Nandini : What ? Why are you laughing ?

Manik : I thought you will answer something cheesy like ' Your eyes told me' . 

Nandini (Hitting Manik's shoulder) : Manik. 

Manik (Chuckled) : Okay . Okay . 

Nandini (Smirking) : That's also true by the way. 

Manik (Cringing his nose) : Wait what ? You gotta be kidding . My eyes ? Really?! Please Nandini  .

I started walking towards exit and Manik followed me like a lost Puppy. I'm sure our friendship is gonna be the best part because INFJs and ENFPs can be the BEST friends. I know it will be ludicrous to think of it to be something deep , but I want to comprehend more about this spark between us. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there! 

I know it has been a while since the last update. I have been quite busy. Actually I'm still busy. But writing is love !

 Vote and comment !

Who guessed it was the part of drama ?

Some words about the description of spotlight ?

Ever danced like a couple with someone ?

Who thought it's Nandini's dream ?

Expected Nandini to talk to Manik directly ?

Who wanted Manik to answer Nandini's question from last chapter ?

Well , who knows if I like the comments , I might post the next chapter faster . * Winks *