Tender love and care!

Murthy Mansion: 11:30 p.m.

NANDINI:

'You have no idea how much I have waited to run a hand through your hair hugging you like this!' His words echoed in my ears and a faint blush graced my face.

Every moment played and replayed in my mind taking away the sleep which was present somewhere behind my velvet-black eyes. I yawned placing the back of my palm over the mouth and closed my eyes resting on the bed after switching off the lights.

Why did I desperately want to rest my head on his shoulder?

Cool breeze of air hit my face and I wondered why it had his fragrance. Pulling the blanket, I tried to sleep but the butterflies in my stomach were too zealous for me to doze off. Suddenly, I felt as if someone knocked on my temple over the blanket.

First my mind, then the olfactory senses, and after that the sensation of touch, was I losing it completely?

"Nandini," I heard him calling my name softly in an almost hushed voice.

Nandini Murthy, you lost it.

I tried to clear my ear using the index finger and pulled ear-pinna a little while my eyes were closed. It was getting crazier, my attraction for Manik. Shifting over my one hand, I sighed holding the bolster with both my hand and legs.

"Nandiniiii!" I heard Manik's voice again while a light tug on my blanket made me open my eyes abruptly.

"Manik," I gasped widening my orbs.

Was he real?

"You can't be this crazy. Manik, you are my imagination, right? Let me sleep. I have been thinking about only you all the time," I whined confabulating with the imaginary Manik.

"I want to dance with you," He said making me stand up by pulling my hand.

"Excuse me, this is my dream. So, I will decide what we will be doing," I remarked folding my hands. It was only fair if Mr. Imaginary Malhotra would act according to my wishes.

Kissing the back of my palm he stared into my eyes and said, "Nandini Murthy, I'm real."

"So, what? You are real, then," I said in a daze. But the moment I registered those words I bellowed out his name on the top of my voice while he covered my mouth with his long artistic palm.

"Sshhhhhh, you want to wake up everyone or what? I took so much of efforts to come here from the window," He rubbed the back of his neck smiling foolishly and I shook my head.

"Manik Malhotra, get out, right now," I made my way to open the door of the room but he stopped me by standing in between me and the door.

"Why are you asking me to get out? This is not the first that I'm in this Mansion so late. Remember, our time in your Art Gallery," He said in a miffed tone.

"That was different. We were not in my room. And it was just friendship at that time," I retorted with an angry pout.

"So, what are we now?" He smirked scrutinizing me from head to toe and I regretted those words.

Just how did he manage to divert the topics in that direction only?

"Go, Manik," I said.

"No," He sauntered back and sat on the corner of my bed. Sighing, I switched on the lights while taking a seat beside him. Resting his head on my shoulder he said, "Nandini, What do you think about Navya's question?"

When we told Navya and Cabir about our liking towards each other, they were happy, but then their first question was whether we were dating each other or if we were in a relationship. Navya wanted to know if Manik was serious about me and in case he was then why were we not in a relationship, already.