Embarrassing!

Elite High School       ,    11 : 00 AM 

NANDINI  :

I once again pushed the pack of the big dairy milk on the opposite side of the bench , only to see it sliding back in my direction. Being irritated , I said-

Nandini : What do you want Manik ?

Manik : Nothing. I just want you to accept my apology. 

Nandini : And what is the apology for ?

Manik : Ahhh...Well , I don't know who is at fault but you seem to have many bad assumptions about me. So , I thought of apologizing. 

Nandini : And what do you want me to do ? Should I get crazy like those bimbos who roam around you seeking your attention ? Or Shall I say 'Oh my God! Manik is so funny , Manik is so hot' ? Do I look like an idiot to you ?

Manik : Why are you so rude all the time ?

Nandini : Why are you so irritating all the time? First you tricked me to sit on the last bench that too in my favorite psychology lecture and then you are just messing around with me using this chocolate box ?! How can anyone be so cheap Manik Malhotra ?!

Manik : Excuse me! What you called cheap , this thing , girls love it . 

Nandini : And here we go with the ultimate speciality of Mr.Manik Malhotra. How many girls have been there whom you gifted the same chocolate box?

Manik : What ?

Nandini : Oh please , don't act innocent. I know everything. By the way , where is your girlfriend Alya today ? Aren't you planning on going to a mall with her today?

Manik : That's enough. Do you even understand what rubbish you are talking ? And I thought Nandini Murthy is an innocent girl. 

Nandini : How dare-

Manik : Just shut up . For the last time , Alya pulled me. It wasn't intentional by my side. She is not my girlfriend anymore. I don't think that I need to explain you anything. If by any chance you come out of your gossiping world , then have a look on the script as it is a matter of Elite's reputation. Bye.

Manik left the lecture hall just before the lecturer arrived. I attended the lecture about Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI Personalities). Actually this is my favorite topic in psychology. Different type of people , their personalities, their approach towards life that's what makes psychology an interesting subject for me. Even though it was my favorite topic ; I couldn't focus much as Manik's words kept echoing in my ears , making me think if I was at fault by any chance?

Lunch break : 

Sitting at my usual place with Navya , my eyes were looking for Manik. But he was not present in the canteen today. 

Navya : Did you actually said all these things to him ?  

Nandini : Umm...Yes.

Navya palmed her face while I stared at nothing particular. 

Nandini : I don't know what happened to me Navya. I just couldn't stop and I said all that non sense. 

Navya : Nandini , we need to do something as damage control.

Nandini : Like what ?

Navya : I'll think and then I'll tell you.

Nandini : But why do we need damage control ? I mean I just said the truth , right ?

Navya : Nandini , you messed up with a wrong guy , if this becomes a gossip only you will be the target. So , we need to make peace with him.Perhaps, Manik is not that bad . And this time don't open your mouth until it's needed.