Innocent?

NANDINI:

"Have you ever watched 'Eighteen-Plus' content?", I asked dubiously starting the discussion which I never had with them; as Dadu made multifarious attempts to know the cause of my discountenance.

Dadi started coughing the moment I raised that question. Dadu looked confounded.

"What? What do you mean by 'Eighteen-Plus' content, Nandini?", Dadi questioned after gulping a glass of water.

I frowned and wondered if it was my mistake to bring this topic for discussion with them. We were almost done with dinner. I got up from the chair and was about to leave when Dadu asked, "What makes you ask this question, cupcake?"

Did he call me cupcake?

Despite my asking them such a question, his voice only contained affection and love for me. My Dadu's really the best.

Turning around I mumbled, "It's a long story."

"You know what, let's talk about this topic over a cup of coffee. I want to know what's going on in my cupcake's mind. ", Dadu said in a calm tone while Dadi looked at him perplexed.

"It's okay honey. We should talk to her. She is a grown-up girl. And if there is something that is disturbing her, we must know.", Dadu looked at Dadi.

I sighed at sat on the sofa. Dadi brought us three cups of coffee and then Dadu asked, "Why did you raise this question suddenly?"

I narrated the whole incidence about Cabir. Dadi didn't give any reaction. Dadu questioned, "So, do you think Cabir is wrong?"

"Do you think whatever he was doing was correct? I mean streaming those websites?", I counter-questioned looking at both of them.

Dadu sighed and said, "We can't actually point out at someone's personal choices, cupcake."

I looked at him surprised. Why would he favor Cabir? Did that mean Dadu was like Cabir at some point of his life?

"But, it's not good. I won't let my friend do something wrong with his life. I understand 'it's a casual thing', at least he thinks. Still, see now Navya is angry with him." , I said.

"I see, you care for him. But in this era, where the kids have mobiles and the internet and what not, it is difficult to stop all this. But you need to understand Cabir is not a bad guy. May be he is stuck. ", Dadu said.

"No. He deliberately chose it. Why would anyone watch blue-films for so many months?", I said with crestfallen look.

"It's okay, Cupcake. At your age, kids do such mistakes. Well, it is a bigger mistake if he is addicted to it. But if not, you should help him to get back to Navya." May be Dadu was right. May be I over-reacted and because of me, Navya-Cabir's relationship was under a threat.

"I never watched any adult movie during my adolescence, papa Murthy one day came to our village for alliance and I was married to your Dadu at the age of Twenty. ", Dadi said running her hand through my hairs.

I chuckled softly.

"Obviously, at our times, we never had things at our fingertips.", Dadu chortled looking at her.

Dadi smiled at him but what he said next surprised both of us, "When I was a teenager; I used to read those magazines secretly."

I gasped hearing his confession.

"Don't look at me like that. I know, I'm your Dadu, your hero but everyone have their own flaws. Perhaps, I was just seventeen back then. My friends had shown me those magazines for the first time. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. Then, after some years, your Dadi came in my life and nothing else mattered.", Dadu completed telling his story.