Leads?!

White Lotus Mall ,                7 : 00 PM

NANDINI : 

Nandini : Dadu! Please! How many more?! I have tried about a dozen of dresses. I'm really happy with these chosen ones . I don't want more .These are enough.

Dadu : Oh come on. What are you saying?! Now I can't even buy a dress for my doll ?!

Nandini(Whines) : Dadu! I'm a big girl now. At least don't call me doll in front of so many people. 

Dadu(Laughing) : You know when you were born ; you just looked like a doll with these pretty eyes and those little fingers! I was the first one to pick you up in my arms and the way you smiled after that gave me a feeling that god has blessed me with his brightest star!

Nandini : Dadu, You are just too sweet ! But wait you were trying your writer skills on me ?! Okay , okay I get that. You just want me to try this dress , right ? Fine then if that's what you want . 

Dadu gave me the dress which he was carrying in his hand . We were heading towards the changing rooms area when we saw a guy being pulled inside one of the rooms.

Dadu(Laughing) : Kids these days! Doll tell me something ; do you also find these changing rooms romantic ?

Nandini(Whines) : Dadu!

 Dadu : I'm just curious what my doll thinks about this. Will you also pull the guy inside the changing room if you ever come on a date ?

Nandini : Why would I do something like that Dadu ? Of course not.

Dadu : And if he wishes to be there with you ?

Nandini : Why would I date a guy like that ? 

Dadu : Exactly! What I wanted to say is whenever you choose him , choose wisely. It isn't like I'm not cool with these things but you need to know what are your priorities for a relationship. Don't worry I'm not going to give you a lecture about relationships.  

Nandini : Don't worry Dadu , if a guy ever comes in my life you will be the first one to know.  I don't think it needs trial after all it's your choice! (I said looking at the dress in my hands.)

Dadu : Okay then , let's leave.And trust me sweetie , things will be fine between you and Manik. 

Nandini : What...What do you mean ? 

Damn. Did Dadu come to know that the guy near the changing room was Manik only ? I just hope that's not the case.

Dadu : Nothing. I just said that everything will be fine .

Monday   ,   Elite High School         2 : 00 PM

Drama Club ,

NANDINI   :

"Guys and girls I hope that I made myself clear . We happen to be performing a drama based on 'Pride And Prejudice' in intercollegiate competition 'SPECTACLE' . And according to the auditions you people gave last week I have decided that the roles will be like -

Mr.Bingley       : Cabir Dhawan

Ms.Jane            : Navya Naveli

Mr.Darcy            : Manik Malhotra

Ms.Elizabeth    : Nandini Murthy

The list of other roles has been put on the notice board. All the other works will be assigned shortly . We'll be starting with rehearsals after two days . Everyone be ready with your dialogues. You can collect the scripts from me today or tomorrow. " , Krissann Mam announced.   

As soon as the announcement was over someone hugged me tightly from back. 

Navya : Oh my god! Nandini ! Wow! This is just amazing! We will be a part of drama club that too in lead roles!

Nandini : Are you crazy Navya? I gave the audition because you forced me. I don't want to be a part of this. 

Navya : What is this Nandini ? You got selected! Do you understand what it takes to be here? 

Nandini : It's not like I don't respect this but..

Navya : But what Nandini ? I mean 'Pride and Prejudice' is one of your favorite novels , right?  

Nandini : I know Navya . But see, you are performing with Cabir . He is your boyfriend and that's really amazing that you both are being leads of this drama but I have Manik Malhotra as my co-actor. It's really difficult for me to perform with someone I don't know. I mean we never talked , like not even for once. 

Navya : Nandini . I understand but you are letting it go just like that? Well, you know what , most of the girls of Elite might be jealous of you cause you get to perform with Manik.  

Nandini(Sighs) : Yeah. That's the biggest issue. Manik and Girls. You understand ? I saw him yesterday going inside a changing room with Alya.

Navya : You what? 

Nandini : Damn. I shouldn't have said this.

Navya : No No No. Wait. How ? When? Where? Why I don't know?

Nandini : Navya. Calm down. I get that your curiosity alarms are on but I'm not the one to gossip with , you know me right? 

Navya : Nandini , Is that the reason why you don't want to be a part of this drama ?

Nandini : Actually, I..I don't know. I mean Manik....He's just not-

Manik : I'm just not what?

I turned around to see Manik standing behind me. Damn Navya. Why didn't she tell me about Manik being here?! How much has he heard? 

Manik : Navya , Cabir wants to talk to you. 

Navya no. Please don't leave me alone with this guy. Oh god, she is leaving. Why me?

Manik : So Nandini , I guess we need an introduction. I'm Manik. Manik Malhotra.

Nandini : Thanks. But no thanks. Cause we don't need any introduction. Perhaps you have no interest in knowing me. Same applies to me. 

Manik : Why would you say that?

Nandini : Just in case you don't remember , we have been introduced by Cabir earlier too. On that day you skillfully ignored me , as if I don't even exist.

Manik : Whoa! Whoa!Whoa! You don't need to be that rude.

Nandini : Excuse me! Rude and me? It was you who was rude .

Manik(Sighs) : Okay. On that day , I was in a hurry for the basketball practice. And about the Alya thing ; it wasn't me. She pulled me.

The devil is trying to explain his deeds. I don't want to know what he has to say. I started walking towards parking in order to get to home in my car leaving a confused Manik behind.   

---------------------------------------------------------------

Did you guys realize that Nandini forgot to talk to Manik about his stares ?

Or did she do that deliberately ?     ;)

What you guys think ? 

Stay tuned to know what happens next between our Manan. ;)

Don't forget to comment about our views for this story

Till then ,

Lots of love!