Netflix gone wrong

NANDINI:

"No.", Manik screamed.

Cabir started laughing hysterically. Recently, I had noticed that his tendency of having inside jokes was quite frequent, especially around Manik.

Why did he laugh this time?

"Let's just watch Coco.", Manik said rubbing the nape of his neck.

"No. I want to watch some amazing spine chilling horror movie. Even Cabir and Navya are up for horror. Let's just go with it.", I tried to persuade him but he didn't utter a single word.

"Manik and horror movie is really not happening.", Cabir said.

"Why so?", I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Because, he is-", Cabir was interjected by Manik.

"Because I love horror movies. I keep on watching them you know. So, I'm kind of bored for the time being. Can't we try some other genre?", Manik blabbered and an evil grin appeared on Cabir's face which soon reflected on my face, too, as I processed the hidden meaning behind Manik's monologue.

He was afraid of horror movies!

And suddenly just like Naina had asked Kabir, I wanted to tease him, "Tumhe darr bhi lagta hai?"(Do you too feel scared?). But exchanging glances with Navya and Cabir a better plan took shape in my mind.

"Come on Manik! You love them, right? Then, let's watch a horror movie, please.", I battled my eyelashes as I beguiled him in a soft tone and his face lost colors making him look like Shaggy from Scooby-dooby-doo, who might jump in anyone's arms, the next moment.

Manik's living room was quite huge. When I had been in Malhotra Mansion last time; I never thought I'll be hanging out with my new friend in this place.

Closing the doors and windows, pulling the curtains, we dimmed the lights. Putting on the home theatre, we got some pizza and popcorns for watching a new horror film on Netflix.

Cabir and Navya were sitting on the sofa while I settled on a couch beside Manik.

Manik had balled his fists from the very beginning of the movie. I was watching the movie munching popcorns and checking on him from time to time. When suddenly a ghost appeared on the screen I laughed loudly, he jumped at his place.

"What?", I looked at him.

"Nothing. Let me focus on the movie.", he said.

The main protagonist was walking downstairs to an underground store-room; darkness was all around, the typical creepy sound effect to made it obvious that something was about to happen. Hearing a piece of piano music, she turned around only to find a rat moving on the piano keys. The music getting intense with every second, the moment she sighed closing her eyes, keeping a hand on her chest; a drop on dark red liquid fell on her palm. She heard the sound of someone being pulled, narrowing her eyes she looked upward and BOOM! As a blood laden dead body fell on her, she screamed aloud.

Much to my surprise, Manik didn't look afraid. His face was rid of any expressions.

Even after a minute or two, when he didn't show a single movement; so I kept my hand on his shoulder. He screamed extremely obstreperously just like 'Courage the Cowardly Dog' and then started biting his nails. Only if he had long slender ears, they would have stood straight.

Hearing him screaming continuously, Cabir paused the movie and said, "Manik, are you fine?"

Coming back to his senses Manik mumbled, "I'm okay. In fact, I'm completely fine."