Club Roselinia

Murthy Mansion, 7:00 p.m.

NANDINI:

Opening my wardrobe I scanned through my latest dress collection which Dadu brought me yesterday for an awesome performance in the intercollegiate drama competition 'Spectacle' as I needed to get ready for 'Club Roselinia'; when a long Red Victorian-era gown caught my attention. It was my costume for Elizabeth's role. It felt great to stand there on the stage with the whole drama club to receive the trophy and a big round of applause from the audience.

Much to my surprise people admired my and Manik's pairing as we got many compliments after the drama competition. Wow. I mean can you guys believe it Manik and Me?! Were the audience blind or something? Cause me and Manik can't even stand each other. On top of that, even Krissan mam appreciated our pairing saying, "You guys seem very much like modern-day Elizabeth and Darcy to me. "

Since then Navya started eating my brains by talking rubbish about the oh-so-amazing pairing. Okay okay. I liked to fight with him but that never meant I was interested in him, right?

Never in your dreams Manik Malhotra.

I found a nice blue one-piece for me after admiring the red gown for a finite amount of time.

Within no time I was ready waiting for Navya to pick me up for the Club along with Cabir. First I had refused her as it felt strange to be in between the 'love birds' but Navya being Navya convinced me as always.

When we reached the club my eyes caught the sight of Manik sitting with five girls. They seemed to be having fun. Navya and Cabir also joined them while I stood rooted at my place with a quizzical look on my face while remembering our conversation in the locker room some days back.

"Come and sit with us Nandini. Come on!", exclaimed Navya. I moved ahead and took a seat beside her. There were many other acquainted faces in the club but I knew none by name.

"Hey Nandini", said Manik with a hint of mischief in his eyes.

"Hi Manik", I replied dryly.

"Meet my friends Shreya, Avanti, Shanaya, Aanya, Kiya", introduced Manik.

"Hello", I just smiled awkwardly at them. My introvert nerves started striking badly reminding me of my socially awkward nature while Manik smirked looking at my state.

What was he even interpreting?

Did he think I was jealous or something?

What an idiot!

"Hi Kiya! Long time.", said Navya and the chatterbox seemed to be put on the 'Play' button all of sudden as she kept talking about how she and Kiya met in one of Manik's parties in Ninth standard and how they become friends but parted in tenth as Kiya left the school.

All the time I just kept looking at their faces animatedly as they both continued their chatting session.

"Navya, Would you mind a dance?", asked Cabir. Poor guy. He looked like he had listened to my bestie for ages with lots of patience.

I chuckled realizing the fact but looking at Navya's red cheeks made me silent. She went on the dance floor with Cabir.

"So Nandini, you know all of them have been my girlfriends at some point of time but we are still friends even after the break-up. In fact, me and Kiya were in a relationship for 'Two' Long months. That's the longest time I have been in a relationship with anyone. But none of us holds any grudges against each other.", said Manik.

I just stayed silent and looked at them.

"Of course babe, What's there to hold a grudge against you Manik.", said Shanaya.

"Exactly", confirmed Avanti along with other girls.

I just smiled awkwardly once again. Those girls just seemed flirty to me.

"Well, even I wish to dance now. So Nandini? ", asked Manik.

My eyes widened at his question.

"Okay. Chill. Aanya?", asked Manik.

They both went on the dance floor. After some time other girls also left for the dance. It was only me and Shanaya.

"Isn't it strange? We were in the same school yet we never interacted ever before.", said Shanaya.

I hate interacting with strangers. Especially, with Manik Malhotra's Girlfriend.

Yeah yeah, Ex-girlfriend. Fine?

Calm down Nandini. Don't act rude.

"Yeah. I happen to be an introvert. So...", I tried to explain.

"Oh wait! You are the topper Nandini, right?", she asked suddenly getting excited.

"Umm...Yes.", I said while putting a lock of curl behind my ear.

"So Nandini, How come you and Manik-"

"What? We are just friends.", I retorted even before letting her complete.

"Relax. I didn't mean to offend you. And now I very sure. You and Manik, that's just not possible.", she said.

"What do you mean ?", I asked.

"Because you are so serious about each and everything. And he's never serious about anything.", she laughed.

"I agree.", I also said while laughing.

"I'll take your leave now.", she said while I just nodded.

I was having a look at the club when I felt someone behind my shoulder.

"You got my point now?", Manik asked.

"I did. But I still agree with my point of view. Depth is important.", I replied.

"Now will you excuse me, I have already called for my car. It might reach any time.", I started walking while Manik started following me.

"Nandini listen to me... Nandini", said Manik.

"What Manik?", I asked without turning back.

"There is a reason I don't like depth in the relationships. It's because... It's because the moment emotions and depth get involved; pain also gets involved. And that's how people get hurt in relationships. But no one gets hurt when it's superficial.", Manik said holding my hands coming face to face.

The look on his face told me that he was serious.

How come I always encounter with this rare side of Manik Malhotra?

I wonder which one is real?

"Who are you Manik? Are you the one I can see or are you the one the world has always seen?", I asked unknowingly.

"Nandini. Why can't we just keep it simple?", asked Manik coming forward.

"No Manik. That's not for me. Everyone has the right to choose. And I would never choose this. I don't want this.", I said looking at his face.

"Your voice has emotions.", he said looking into my eyes.

"So does yours.", I replied with the same intensity and a painful smile.

"I still agree with my point of view.", he remarked.

"Leave me Manik. I gotta go. And yes, just to make it clear, I. DON'T. HAVE. ANY. FEELINGS. FOR. YOU. The emotions just showed up in my voice because I was trying to prove my point. But I won't try that anymore because you won't understand ever. Now let me go.", I said in a finalized tone while the car arrived.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there,

Now please don't throw tomatoes I know I just disappeared.

Sheepish smile.

Who agrees with Manik?

Who agrees with Nandini?

Missed 'Adorable Heart'?