Cabir's Party

Elite High School

MANIK:

"Don't you think it has been a while since we attended a party?" Cabir remarked as we walked to our cars in the parking lot.

"Oh yeah, actually," I replied trying to recollect the last party I enjoyed. It was unusual, I had always been a party animal, clubbing and random flirting was a part of my charm but then, of course, Nandini happened.

"C'mon Cabir, I don't think he has time for partying anymore. I think he finds a specific girl more interesting than the typical hot chicks. It's just Nandini on Manik's mind now a days, in fact Murthy Mansion has become his second home," Navya teased with a toothy grin while I saw a faint blush on Nandini's cheeks.

I wanted to, I wanted to, I just wanted to_ _ _

Okay, that statement wasn't something to be completed.

My girl was blushing PUBLICLY for me!

"Now, I can happily die," I said with a foolish smile glazing dreamily at her face being lost in the world of my imagination as flashes of last night came in front of my eyes while Cabir's loud coughing broke my reverie and I found three of them staring at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked with a confused face.

"You didn't say that, did you?" Navya questioned shaking her head in a surprised tone and Nandini looked at me curiously.

"So, here I declare. Manik Malhotra has officially been screwed," Cabir said making a mic out of his fist and Navya hugged Nandini while jumping in joy.

What the hell was happening?

"No. We are not official yet," Those words came out as a reflex and three of them stared at me, again. Suddenly, something changed in Nandini's eyes.

Did I say anything wrong?

"Are you guys still stuck at we might get into a relationship in 'future'?" Navya quoted the word future in air with her fingers.

"I was thinking let's have some drinks and cool music saying 'Cheers to Manik and Nandini', but you spoiled my bubble," Cabir asserted in a dramatic tone glaring at me.

"He broke my bubble, too," Nandini spoke for the first time in a while and then she gasped covering her mouth making me look at her flummoxed. Her hesitated glance found my staring eyes and I took a step closer to her, involuntarily.

As my hand moved towards the curl dancing in front of her right eye, I heard Cabir saying, "It seems we both should leave now. In case, you love birds get bored spending your lone time, just come to my place, I'm throwing a party tonight."

Cabir and Navya drove out of the parking but all the time my eyes didn't leave her ones. Taking that soft hand in mine I said, "I didn't know that you...you..."

Raising her eyebrows Nandini urged me to continue but suddenly words didn't seem to come out. I was dubious of my own auditory senses because she wasn't someone to say such things unless it was really serious.

"I... I... Actually," I stammered.

"I made myself very clear last night, Manik. Frankly speaking I know that you feel the same," She smirked and opened the car door.

"Last night was beautiful," I took the driver's seat and suddenly my mind reverted back to those moments. Our proximity, that uneven breathing, her hands around my neck it all made my heart thump loudly in the chest.

Shifting a little closer, she rested her head on my shoulder making me sigh contently. Sliding my left hand around her figure, I placed the side of my head on her one. Nandini's eyes were closed, face was serene, and there wasn't even a single frown line on that impeccable forehead while her smile made me realize the sense of security she felt.