Sweet Manik

MANIK : 

I woke up with a smile on my face and flashes of last night's events came in my mind. 

Everything about her made me smile. The one who always disparaged me had now started trusting me. The feeling of being trusted by her was different. It impeded me from doing the things she might consider wrong.

Nandini asking me to be her friend, having a drink with Nandini (Okay Okay. Having soda with Nandini), driving to her home, her innocent talks, her elegant smile, her pouty lips, her paintings, the hot chocolate, her embarrassed cotton-candy-like cheeks were all over my mind.

In thirty minutes, I was ready in my gym wear for Squedarse. Driving my baby I reached my gym. What?  I call my car 'Baby'. Any objections?

You guys won't call me cheesy for this, will you?

"Manik, Wassup bro? Tell me how's your new friend?", Cabir asked as if mocking me. He was running on a treadmill while I was busy with the elliptical machine.

"I told you right. She's just a friend.", I answered with a scowl on my face. 

"Woah. Chill Mr.Friendzoned. Wow! Nandini always manages to amaze me. First, she said to no to your proposal, then she ignored you for a whole week, and now she has friend-zoned Mr.Manik Malhotra.", Cabir said dramatically as if I was actually friend-zoned by Nandini.

Or was I?

"Dude. It's a mutual decision to be friends. And frankly speaking I never proposed her directly. After all, Manik Malhotra does not go crazy over girls to propose them. They come to me.", I smirked while moving a hand through my silky smooth hair.

Stop. Don't even think.

I don't use TRESemme keratin smooth! 

Huff.

"I was just similar until I met my girl. Trust me once you find her; no one else will appear hotter. No one else's words will matter and this attitude, she will crush it, dude. And then Manik Malhotra will be a part of 'Puppy faced boyfriends club' who just want to spend time with their girlfriends.", ranted Cabir and I looked at him animatedly. 

"Which sassy romantic novel you read last night? Come on Cabir, soupy-sassy romance?! I thought you were better than this.", I mocked while he laughed shamelessly showing his tongue.

"Best luck soon to be Sassy Malhotra.", He left not before winking at me. 

"That's not gonna happen Cabir.", I shouted watching his disappearing figure. 

Taking out the car keys from my pocket I was moving towards my baby when I saw some crowd on the road and rushed towards the place. There I saw an old man around his mid-sixties. He was wearing a tracksuit. It seemed he fainted because of exertion so I took him inside my car. Putting the AC on, I offered him some water but he looked weak even after drinking water, so, I asked him if I could drop him to his house. 

While he was giving me directions to his house, I said, "Fainting like this isn't a good sign. You should take care, old man."

"Whom did you just address 'OLD'? You Eiffel Tower with 'Mcqueen' car.", he said while shooting daggers at me. 

Did he just refer to my Acura NSX as some toon car?

I was about to retort when I heard Donald Duck's laugh. 

Okay. Are we going to Disney Land?  

Picking up his phone, the old man said, "Yes cupcake. Yeah. I'll be there in five. No. I just fainted while jogging.....Will you just calm down? I'm completely fine...Yeah yeah, I know I should have been careful. Okay bye, Love you cupcake."