Chapter 47 {Craving the Honey}

"Are you okay?"

Cynthia slowly lifted her head from her arms. She blinked to see Roselyn's pink eyes looking down at her. She stretched the corner of her lips, prompting a small smile.

"Ye-Yeah...ju..st tired.." She winched at the crack of her voice. She can expect her voice to be gone when tomorrow hits.

With a hum, the orange-haired girl sat down beside her. "I'm surprised, you know. I would have thought that you would attack or...explode at...them." Roselyn pursed her lips at this mention.

Cynthia merely leaned her head against her shoulder. "Go-God, I...wanted to." She sighed before letting out an airy laugh. "Da-Dammit, I...I wanted to ba..sh their he-heads...to the fu-fucking ground....So b-bad."

"Why didn't you?" With what had happened, Roselyn would not mind the violence. At least a little bit.

"It...it wouldn't do any...one good." Cynthia sighed as she pulled her knees tighter. "I-I'm sure they...will re..ceive their punishment...and it'll on..ly create a worse sce..ne." She had lightly coughed at the end.

Then a hand patted her head which made her blink. She lifted her head to see Roselyn's soft gaze. "You really have grown up, Thia."

Cynthia's face turned red at the sudden compliment. "S-Shut up..." She turned her face away. Her face grew hotter when Roselyn's giggled at her action.

"It's true. You are becoming more considerate. If you knew your actions wouldn't affect others, you would've unleashed hell as you pleased." Roselyn had noticed that about the blonde girl. She was chaotic, yes but it was all in good fun and never really purposely at the extension of another. She would hold herself back when she noticed her actions would cause others grief.

Though, a frown grew upon her lips as her hand halted. She also had noticed that Cynthia would neglect more about herself more. As she grows, the blonde girl perhaps puts too much effort into others unless she was a troll about it. Yet, she always makes it hard for herself. Especially now...

This blonde girl before her wanted to express her rage upon those who had done them wrong but she knew better. However, it does not ease the rage brewing inside her.

Roselyn realized this. Everyone at their party realized this. That is why she wanted to check on the blonde girl. Kathryn's cynical attitude would not help the girl's anger. Erina's comforts would only smother her. Avelyn's guilt would fuel the negative feelings. Lily's sadness would do the same.

Yumi...she could have helped but Cynthia right now needed more than a quiet company. Not only that, her presence would remind Cynthia of their action. What they could have done? And that only leaves her...

"Hey, there is a nice bakery nearby." Roselyn brought up. She let down her hand and patted her skirt. "How about I buy you a slice of cake?"

"....cho-choco..late?" Cynthia sounded quite meek which would have made her laugh in a different circumstance.

"Of course." Roselyn merely kept a smile as she stood up. She held out a hand which Cynthia accepted and she pulled the blonde girl up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I try some?" Yumi hummed as she glanced at the chocolate cake. Cynthia merely nodded her head and passed her own spoon. The two enjoyed the delicious pastry. Them including the rest of their party were in the Guild's cafeteria area, enjoying the calm after the tiresome storm with treats they bought from the bakery.