Chapter 9: You Definitely Made My Day

Clementine finally put the finishing touches on our outfits before the New Kids on the Block concert. I couldn't believe it was finally here, my heart leaping out of my chest, since we had front row seats. I would literally be feet away from my celebrity crushes.

"Do you think my hair looks okay," I double checked, Clementine helping to adjust my cute pigtails with fluffed hair.

"Yeah, it's super cute. I really love the different colored ribbons you chose, pink and green yellow.

"Thanks. Do you think I'm going to look like a total dork to them tonight? I have to wear my glasses so I can get used to them now."

"No, you look super cute, Alyssa, trust me. I'm not just saying that because it's your birthday. Plus, Leo thinks your glasses are cute," she smirked.

"Yeah, but Leo isn't Donnie Wahlberg or Joey McIntyre."

"They'll think you're great! Remember I have backstage passes too."

"Wait, you didn't tell me that," I said. Normally I would be overjoyed, but my panic was setting in.

"Oh yeah, I wanted to surprise you with it the day of the concert. Surprise!" She grinned widely as I merely stared at her.

"I love you for this, but I'm so nervous and excited about meeting the boys. It's overwhelming." I touched my temples as she threw her arm around my shoulders.

"It will all be great, I promise. Who knows? Maybe one of the boys will become your new boyfriend, and you can make Leo jealous."

I laughed out loud briefly before shaking my head. "Yeah right. They don't even know I'm alive, and I'll just be another fan tonight. It's not like Leo has connections with Mark Wahlberg or something, you know, Donnie's brother."

"Yeah, the one that quit after a few months to pursue a solo career. He's really good, you know."

"Yeah, he is, but I still love New Kids on the Block the most."

"Now come on, let's go before the parking lot gets packed," she urged. When I was waiting for her to unlock the car, I caught sight of Leo smoking at his garage. He held his hand up for a wave with a soft smile as I did the same. Soon I was on my way for the major event of the year. The place was already loud with random chatter as we made our way towards the arena. "I can't believe how many people are already here," Clementine yelled, since it was difficult to hear each other.

"I know! I hope the parking lot will be emptier, since we're staying to meet the boys," I shouted back. Eventually the lights came on and the guys were running onto the stage, my heart pounding as I placed my hand over my chest. I swore sometimes they were singing directly to us, every sense of mine on alert as I kept my eyes on them, particularly on Joey McIntyre, who kept grinning cutely in my direction. His curly hair was adorable, and I was falling deeper in love. It didn't help when they sang my favorite song, Baby, I Believe in You, me feeling as though they had performed it just for me. I was still rooted to the spot when the event was over, Clementine tugging on my arm gently.

"Come on, let's head for where the meet and greets are held," she told me, us maneuvering through everyone. I was freaking out as the guys met girls before us, feeling my face flush when it was our turn. I took my glasses off to store in my purse before bringing out my favorite cd of theirs.

"Hey, where's your glasses," asked Joe McIntyre, causing me to turn even more red.

"I... I put them in my purse," I shyly replied.

"You looked so pretty with them on, but you look pretty how you are right now too." He shot me a wink along with a beautiful smile.

"Thanks... Um, can you guys sign my cd? It's my favorite of yours. You were great tonight by the way. I mean, you did Baby, I Believe in You perfectly. That's my favorite song." I stopped my rambling by pressing my lips together.