Chapter 14: In Case You Haven't Noticed

"I made some fresh muffins for you two," Irmelin proudly announced on Tuesday morning.

"Thanks," I beamed, taking one as Leo did too.

"I have to go into work now, but I'll see you tonight." She kissed Leo on the head as he scrunched his nose up slightly. The moment she was gone I finished my food quickly.

"I'm going to brush my teeth and shower," I told Leo, since we had decided to eat first.

"Alright. I'll shave in the bathroom downstairs."

"Your face looks smooth," I pointed out, touching his cheek as he gazed at me, a soft smile on his lips.

"I have a little bit of stubble. I mean, I can feel it."

"I guess you do," I blushed, removing my hand to go straight for the bathroom upstairs. I went ahead and quickly brushed my teeth before enjoying my shower, grateful I still had a decent amount of time left. When I stepped out I had a towel around me, tip toeing into Leo's bedroom to find the clothes I wanted. I had forgotten to take them in with me.

"You need help," Leo lowly chuckled. I freaked out, since I worried my towel was going up in the back as I bent over, not wanting him to see my bottom.

"Um... No, I just forgot my clothes. I'm not sure if I want to wear jeans or a skirt today."

"I think you would look good in either. What about that dark green sweater?" He nodded towards it as I bit back a smile.

"Just because it's your favorite color, right?"

"Maybe... You want me to get your shoes for you?"

"Sure. They're the white sneakers by the bed."

"I almost tripped over these this morning," he quietly chuckled.

"Sorry. I was really tired last night, so I just let them plop onto the floor. I'm going to go change in the bathroom now. I'll be right out." After a few minutes I was sporting a pair of dark jeans along with the sweater Leo recommended, my hair naturally wavy with a wide, white headband.

Leo was biting his lower lip when he saw me, his cheeks a faint pink. "You look... great," he finished, his gorgeous ocean eyes flickering down to mine.

"Thank you...," I trailed off. He was beginning to lean in when we heard the school bus honk loudly, probably for the kids next door. "Um, we should probably get going too. I have a test first thing this morning."

"Did you know that the guys are sharing the gym with the girls today?"

"Really? That doesn't happen very often. I must have missed it."

"Yeah, they want us to do volleyball against each other again. So, I'll see you then."

"You'll see me when you drive me to school too," I slightly giggled.

"Right," he stammered, running his fingers through his hair before jogging down the steps.

"So, if Clementine invites us over again tonight, do you want to go? She just seemed like she was disappointed we had to leave last night to take Hazel shopping." I looked over at him as he carefully drove his vehicle.

"We can, but I was hoping to stay home. I mean, I like going to her house, I just don't know if I want to be there every day."

I nodded a tiny bit as he stopped at a stop sign before going again. "Yeah, we'll probably have a lot of homework tonight too. I think my next English essay is starting today."

"Yeah, I have a science project myself I need to start on," he softly chuckled.

"When was it assigned?"