Chapter 25: Christmas Morning

I woke up the next morning to Leo kissing my lips extra gently.

"Hey... Merry Christmas," he whispered, rubbing up and down my arm.

"Hey... What time is it," I murmured.

"Like seven in the morning. I couldn't sleep anymore."

"Are you excited about your presents?" I gave him a slight knowing smile as he blushed faintly.

"Maybe... I've always gotten up early on Christmas. I like how it's still dark out and the lights are shining in the house."

"I like that too." I felt myself smiling more as he sat up against his pillow. "Should we wake up your mom? She won't want us opening presents without her."

"She doesn't care. I already asked her before you came if it was okay. We can just give her her presents later."

"Well, okay. Do you want to go down there in our pajamas?"

"Yeah," he grinned, taking my hand before we tiptoed down the stairs. "Do you want something to eat? Like a cookie or something?"

"You mean the cookies I brought," I lightly teased.

"Yeah, I guess I do."

"Yeah, I'll take a small sugar cookie. I think the stars are the smallest, and a big peanut butter ball, since they're my favorite."

He chuckled lowly before disappearing in the kitchen, me sitting on the couch in the dimly lit room.

"You want me to make some punch? My mom was going to make it when she got up, but I know how."

"Yeah, I can help you," I offered, him pouring in the 7up soda as I grabbed the pink sherbet from the freezer. "We're going to be so hyper this morning." A few giggles escaped me before I got scared when Irmelin showed up from the shadows.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just got up to start cooking," she explained.

"That's okay. We were having a little snack," I replied, biting back a smile.

"I see that." She smiled at us fondly before flipping on the light switch.

"Fudge, Mom. It's hurting my eyes," Leo complained, squinting his eyes shut.

"You'll live," she stated, patting his back before rummaging through the freezer.

"Can we start on the presents even though you're already up," he checked.

"Yeah, go ahead. I'll be in fairly soon."

Leo and I juggled all of our sweets before placing them carefully on the coffee table.

"Okay, so... open this one first," I told Leo, holding out a wrapped package. I bit back a smile at how he uncovered a white clothes box.

"I wonder what this is," he sarcastically said.

"I hope it's the right size," I spoke up once he he was holding up the dark green hoodie.

"Yeah, I think it's going to fit. I like how you got it in my favorite color." Low chuckles escaped his lips as he pulled it over his head, causing his hair to be filled with static.

"Yeah, it looks really good on you." I was chewing on my bottom lip as I prevented myself from staring. "Do you want me to rip the tags off for you?"

"Nah, I got it." He went ahead and removed the tags, throwing them in the empty box for now.

"And then I think you'll like this one too." I handed him a heavier package, him uncovering a pair of Reebok Pump Sneakers.

"These are sick," he stated, me giggling as he pulled them onto his feet.