Chapter 16: You Make Me Feel Whole

I couldn't help but keep glancing at Clementine and Tobey in the backseat. They were pretty cozy as Leo drove us to Chicago that Saturday.

"We should get more cookies this time. I already miss eating them," Clementine commented.

"Yeah, they were really good," I agreed, Leo dealing with the weekend traffic well. "I'm excited to go this museum. I heard they're doing a Disney exhibit today."

"Yeah, I think it's on the history about it. Are we going to stay together or split up?"

"What do you think, Leo," I checked.

"We can decide when we get there. I wanted to check out the environmental section," he shared.

"I want to see the outer space exhibit," I confessed.

"Those both sound great. Tobey and I were thinking that static electricity area though. You know, with like all the interactive things. It's probably more for kids, but whatever," Clementine shrugged.

"I think they have inventions of tomorrow too," I recalled from the information we found about it.

We were all happy when we arrived at the parking garage that led to the right building. Right away I could tell this place was going to be huge, there even escalators past the gift shops to where the different exhibits were.

"I wonder if they're selling Disney stuff today. They have Mickey Mouse and his friends on the gift shop windows," I observed. "Can we stop there before we leave?"

"Of course. I want to check it out too," Clementine replied, draping her arm over my shoulders as we went up the automatic stairs.

We found ourselves in the outer space section first, me in awe by all of the facts about our planets.

"I've always been fascinated by the universe," I expressed as I gazed at a statue of the first man on the moon. "I wish they taught it in school more."

"Yeah, there's a lot of great things. Like, did you know it's hot enough on Venus to melt lead?"

I shook my head as we kept drifting across the floor, still in awe by the displays.

"Hey Alyssa! Did you bring a camera or anything," Clementine called, waving me over.

"No! Why," I wondered.

"I just thought it would be fun to take pictures in that thing. You get inside the helmet and it looks like you're a real astronaut on the moon."

"We could still do it for fun," I suggested.

"Tobey! You're stealing all my oxygen," Clementine playfully complained when he got in the large statue with her.

"That's because you give me oxygen," he claimed, causing her to blush and hug him from the side.

"I can't stay mad at you, you nut," she teased.

"I'll let you go in by yourself," Leo told me, standing back as I smiled widely at my friends from within the sphere.

"It's kind of dirty in here. There are fingerprints all over the helmet," I noticed.

"Yeah, it's probably from the little kids," Clementine added, Leo switching places with me. He looked so gorgeous as an astronaut, causing me to tilt my head with a dreamy smile on my face. "I think Alyssa's already gone to outer space," my best friend giggled as she stood with Tobey.

"I'm having the best day already," I said to Leo once we were reunited.

"I'm glad," he grinned, leaning down to kiss my lips extra gently.