Chapter 20: Bottled Up Feelings

"I'm so glad you convinced my parents to let me stay over," I smiled warmly as Irmelin fixed my hair. I was on the couch in their living room, her just running a brush through my strawberry blonde locks before braiding them.

"I've always thought it would be nice to have a daughter, so it's nice to have you around," she kindly replied.

"Well, I love being here. Not just because of Leo, this house is just cozy, and I love your cooking."

"Yes, you and Leo ate those Mexican Tamales so fast," she quietly laughed.

"They were so good! I can't believe that was your first time making them."

"I picked up a good recipe book the other day. Plus, I like to try out special dishes for guests. Do you want your hair in pigtails or one long braid? I guess I should have asked before I started."

"Pigtails, that way they'll be easier to sleep on," I answered, Leo showing up from the bathroom upstairs. He had been changing into his pajamas, which were a pair of grey sweats and a white t-shirt.

"Hey," he greeted, going over to where we were.

"Hey," I giggled, blushing a bit when he kissed me in front of his mom.

"So, you two know the rules, right? You're allowed to share Leo's bed, but only if you do no funny business. I'm not telling Alyssa's parents about this, because I know how much better Leo sleeps when you're around," she addressed me on the end.

"I really appreciate that," I expressed. "Leo and I usually just talk a lot before we fall asleep."

"I know. I heard you when you stayed with us that week," she fondly remembered. "That was why I never bothered to separate you two. Either I could hear you whispering, or I would open the door and you were sound asleep."

"I wish I was staying longer than just this Saturday night."

"Me too, but as I'm sure Leo's told you, you're welcome to come over whenever you want, night or day."

"Hey, Mom? Can we go upstairs now," Leo requested.

"But I thought we were going to watch a movie. It's only eight in the evening on a weekend," his mom observed, giving him a look.

"I know, but I wanted to talk to her." He tilted his head cutely as he leaned it against the back of the sofa.

"I think you should watch a movie first. That many hours alone might tempt you."

"Fine," he sighed, running his fingers through his hair before sitting up straight.

"So, which movie would you like to watch?" She was looking through their VHS tapes as Leo stole that opportunity to wrap me up in his arms.

"Can we watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure? I'm in the mood for something funny and easy going," I confessed.

"Yeah, that's a good movie," Leo agreed, pushing his bangs to the side.

"Are you tired? You keep messing with your hair," I quietly giggled.

"Why do you think I wanted to go to bed early? I was afraid I would fall asleep too fast if we didn't," he pouted, me kissing it away as Irmelin pushed the video cassette into the VCR. She turned the television screen on too, fast forwarding through the previews before the film was beginning.

I kept giggling throughout the motion picture, partly from being tired and the other from the comical scenes.

"If I could meet anyone from back in time. I think it would be... Abraham Lincoln," I decided. "Although, Napoleon is my favorite in this movie. They made his parts so funny."