Chapter 26: Lost Boy

Clementine drove me over to where Leo was working now. It was already March, and Leo and I were stronger than ever. He was on the basketball team, which I always went to every practice and game, even if I had to take my homework along. It had been a busy but wonderful last few months of school, me unable to believe our senior class field trip was tomorrow.

"Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order," Leo grinned the second he saw me with our friends.

"Yeah, I'll take an M&M McFlurry and a kiss," I said quietly on the end.

"Alright, but I'll have to give you that kiss later," he spoke as he punched in the information on the cash register. He licked his lips as I blushed from how cute he effortlessly was.

"That's fine. Are you sure you won't be too tired tomorrow? We have to be at the school at like 5 in the morning."

"I don't know," he shrugged. "But I have to work tonight, so there's not much I can do about it."

"When do you get off of work?"

"Like midnight," he quietly replied, giving my change to me.

"Well, maybe you can sleep on the plane."

"Yeah, it's about a two hour flight." He scratched the side of his nose before reluctantly helping the next customer in line.

"Are you guys getting anything," I asked Clementine and Tobey once I had my dessert.

"No, I'm not really hungry and I'm already tired," Clementine yawned.

"Yeah, we should be getting home," I agreed, giving Leo a simple wave as he pressed his lips together for a smile, since he was busy.

I fell asleep fairly early, waking up when I heard a car in the driveway next door. I lifted my head and saw Leo getting out, sighing softly after seeing the time was 12:30. I wrapped my pale pink robe around me before sneaking out of the house, finding him getting a few puffs of a cigarette in.

"Hey, how are you doing," I gently asked.

"I'm exhausted, but I'll be alright," he promised, blowing another cloud into the dark sky.

"Are you sure you need this job? You're not still paying for Christmas presents, are you?"

"Nah, I paid those off by January. I'm saving up for something else this time."

"College?" I leaned against the garage with him as he half smiled.

"No, something actually more important than that. My dad's paying for my college when I go."

I nodded a tiny bit before shivering some, since the weather was still chilly. "I'm so excited to visit Washington, D.C. I wonder if we'll see the president."

He chuckled lowly as he inhaled more nicotine, looking over at me as he blew it from the side of his mouth. "Maybe we will. You should be inside getting some sleep."

"I already slept for a few hours. You're the one I should be worried about. I should leave just so you'll go to bed."

"I want to finish this cigarette first. I haven't had one all day," he sighed, holding it carefully between his fingers.

"My McFlurry was really delicious earlier, but I never got my kiss," I pouted, him chuckling lowly before pecking my lips softly. "That's it?"

"You are so spoiled," he teased, leaning in to kiss me deeper that time. He caressed my face in his hands after discarding his cigarette, me able to taste it on his tongue. I was pressing myself against him as he moaned quietly, neither one of us wanting to break the kiss. Eventually we had to come up for air though, Leo holding me close in a hug as he rubbed my arm.