WECOME TO DIAGON ALLEY

Y/n was waiting outside the orphanage wearing a tattered white button up shirt and a brown coat to keep him from getting cold.
Y/n sat on the pavement while examining his pocket watch. He found this pocket watch the same day he found the dusty tree house and he wondered of someone else had lived there before he did or perhaps owned the old watch.

McGonagall walked on the path to the orphanage. Y/n stood up pocketing the watch and waited at the front gate.

"Good morning professor." Y/n greeted.

"Good morning Mr Luphus. Are you ready?"
She asked and was answered by a nod from
Y/n.

"Very well, come on now." McGonagall said signaling for Y/n to follow her.

Y/n followed McGonagall down the path as he stared at the familiar view of the clear water that was edged by sand as well as a sedimentary rock while small dots of light flickered from a nearby village in the distance. McGonagall then turned her heel and disappeared into the bushes. Y/n looked back at the path before following her.

"professor, where are we going exactly? The path is that way." Y/n pointed out.

"well, unless you want to travel for another 3 hours."
McGonagall then held out her arm.
Y/n looked at her confused.

"come on then." She said.
Y/n grabbed her arm and in an instant
They appeared in front of a pub.
Y/n stumbled on his feet feeling dizzy from teleporting.
"please inform me next time professor."
Y/n said stumbling beside professor McGonagall as he cover his mouth to avoid puking.

"My apologies Mr Luphus." She said patting
Y/n's back smiling in amusement.

He looked up at the pub
It was seemingly abandoned and old.
Y/n saw McGonagall walk in and trailed behind her. The pub has a rather welcoming air and was filled with different witches and wizards.

"Ah! Professor McGonagall pleased to see you here." A man who was wiping a glass mug greeted.

"Hello Tom, Im here on Hogwarts business. Busy I presume?" McGonagall said glancing at the filled pub.

"Yes, quite busy I suppose. Well, off you trot don't want to keep you two waiting." Tom said.

"thank you Tom, and please skip the formalities after all you are slightly older than me."McGonagall said bitterly.

"Of course! Right, sorry about that. But you can't expect me to get used right away!
McGonagall smiled as Tom chuckled before entering a brick walled room while Y/n followed suit.

McGonagall took out a strange looking stick and tapped the brick wall
And to Y/n's amazement the bricks formed into an archway revealing a long line of shops that contained all your witchcraft and wizardry needs.

"Welcome, Mr Luphus to Dragon alley."
McGonagall announced while Y/n stood in awe.
Y/n was led through the crowd as he took in the view. With every turn of his head he saw something new, And with every step he saw something more interesting than the last, He marvelled at the different shops they passed. He felt foreign yet strangely at home. Perhaps that's why he never felt like he fit in with those other children.

then it hit him.

"Professor, Could I ask how exactly are we going to get what I need if I haven't any money?" Y/n asked catching up to the fast paced professor.