FORGIVENESS

I could run, get away from this man. Not even five steps away, I heard a familiar high-pitched scream. Malfoy.

Before I knew it, I was staring into the eyes of my no-longer friend. His eyes filled with anger, grief, and betrayal. The same things I felt when they didn't listen, the same things I felt when I lost them.

'Harry--'

'Y/n...' There were no words to describe how hurt his voice sounded.

Quirrell was making his way to Harry, I didn't know what controlled me at this moment. I quickly ran and shielded Harry, my wand at the ready,  keeping his away from Quirrell... No. That wasn't Quirrell, his eyes redder than a rose, it somehow felt familiar. Harry fell to his knees and screamed in pain, I turned to him clutching his scar. I suddenly heard hooves making their way to us, the thing in Quirrells' body dashed away.

'Harry,' I reached for him but he slapped my hand away and stared into my eyes in fury.

'GET AWAY FROM ME!'

My breath hitched hearing his tone. Was he mad because I told him we weren't friends anymore? Or perhaps something more.

The clicking sounds of hooves had finally arrived to reveal a centaur, it had white-blond hair and a palomino body.

‘Are you all right?’ said the centaur, pulling Harry to his feet.

‘Yes – thank you – what was that?’ Harry turned away from me, completely ignoring my existence.

The centaur didn’t answer. He had astonishingly blue eyes, like pale sapphires. He looked carefully at Harry, his eyes lingering on the scar which stood out, livid, on Harry’s forehead.

‘You are the Potter boy,’ he said. ‘You had better get back to Hagrid. The Forest is not safe at this time – especially for you. Can you ride? It will be quicker this way.'

'My name is Firenze,’ he added, as he lowered himself onto his front legs so that Harry could clamber onto his back. 'Is your friend not coming?'

'He's not my friend.' Harry answered sharply.

Firenze stared at me before nodding and galloping away... Away... Gone...

And here I am, alone again in the forbidden forest. I sighed staring at the ground, I've always had a hard time keeping friends, sometimes I wonder if I even deserve to have friends. I felt anger bubbling up, I felt all of the emotions I'd been keeping in for far too long.

It's fine, I don't need friends, in fact, I don't need anyone, I have my own company. I don't need Harry, Ron, or Hermione... I don't deserve Lucas.

All of a sudden, a loud burst shook the forest trees. My wand, I forgot I was even holding it.

My wand was glowing green that resembles a flowing fire, its energy is far too strong, to the point that I could feel its strong air waving through my hair.

'What...?' I muttered, turning my wand in curiosity and caution. 'What are you--'

I suddenly heard a rustling noise behind me, I pointed my wand at the figure, but it was too late. The figure disappeared into the dark.