THIRD FLOOR HINDRANCE

It was half past eleven and I was still trying convince them not to go, but of course who would listen to me. I wore a coat to warm myself since it was a fairly cold night.

We picked up our wands and descended down the staircase entering the Gryffindor common room. We neared the portrait hole when a voice spoke up.

"I can't believe you're going to do this, Harry."
A lamp light shoned on revealing Hermione Granger wearing a pink dressing gown frowning.

"you!"
Ron whispered furiously.
"Go back to bed!"

"I almost told your brother. Percy-- he's a prefect, he'd put a stop to this."
Granger snapped, She was surely a very interfering person.

"Come on."
Said Harry, I glanced behind us and saw Granger following us.

"Don't you care about Gryffindor, do you only care about yourselves, I don't want slytherin to win the House cup and you'll lose us all the points I got from professor McGonagall for knowing about switching spells."
Granger hissed.

"Go away."

"Fine, but I warned you, just remember what I said when you're on the train home tomorrow, you're so--"
Before we could hear what she said, she turned her heel and faced the portrait of the fat lady who was nowhere to be found.

"what am I going to do?"
She asked shrilly.

"That's your problem--"

"Ronald."
I scolded him.
Ron groaned and dragged me and Harry. We haven't even reached the end of the corridor and Granger had already caught up with us.

"I'm coming with you."
She said.

"You are not."

"D'you think I'm just going to stand out here and wait for Filch to catch me? If he fand all four of us I'll tell him the truth, that I was trying to stop you and you can back me up."
Granger crossed her arms and Ron's temper seems to be rising.

"You've got some nerve--"
Before Ron could do anything I held him back.
Honestly, what has my life come to.

"Shut up, both of you!"
Harry said quietly.
"I heard something."

I listened intently, seems to sound like shuffling. I didn't know what came over me, I quickly jumped to block the group not wanting any of them hurt.

"Mrs Norris?"
Breathed Ron squinting through the dark beside me. But it wasn't Mrs Norris. It was Neville. He was curled up on the floor sobbing quietly but noticed us creeping nearer.

"thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours. I couldn't remember the new password to get in bed."

"Keep your voice down, Neville. The password's 'Pig snout' bit it won't help you now, the fat lady's gone off somewhere."

"How's your arm?"
Asked Harry.

  "Fine." Neville rose his arm showing us his already healed arm.
"Madame Pomfrey mended it in about a minute."

"Good-- well, look, Neville, we've got somewhere to be, we'll see you later--"