TALK WITH MCGONAGALL

Today was brilliant. I had to stifle a laugh due to the ridiculous face Malfoy was making when we walked into the Great Hall. The meeting with the three headed dog had been such an adventure, and I won't lie, I was very keen on having more. Harry, Me, And Ron had been discussing about the package that seems to be delivered from Gringgots to Hogwarts.

"It's either really valuable or really dangerous."
Said Ron.

"Or both. What do you think Y/n?"
asked Harry.

"Could be anything, for all we know it could be nothing more but a pebble."
I mumbled deep in thought.

We knew nothing besides the package being two inches long. We didn't have much to guess with the little information we had. Both
Neville and Granger showed no interest in what laid under the dog or the trap door. All Neville cared about was to never, ever get near the dog. Granger on the other hand decided to ignore me, Harry, and Ron's existence.

Harry and Ron saw this as a bonus. and me, Well, all I wanted was to get Malfoy back for that dangerous little stunt that nearly got us killed and I could tell that Harry and Ron wanted the same. And to our delight, a week later arrived a long thin parcel carried by six screech owls. Everyone was just as interested as I when the package dropped in front of Harry sending splatters of food everywhere.
On top the parcel was a note addressed to Harry that said:

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE
it contains a Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing that you have a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch pitch at seven o'clock for your first training session.

Professor M. McGonagall

Harry had difficulty hiding his glee when he handed Ron and I the note.

"A Nimbus Two Thousand!"
Ron moaned enviously.
"I never even touched one."

"How--"
I was absolutely bamboozled.

Harry smiled greatfully at McGonagall.

We left the Hall wanting to unwrap the broomstick in private before the start of our first lesson, but half way across the entrance hall we found the way upstairs barred by Crabbe and Goyle. Malfoy seized the broom stick from Harry and felt it.

"That's a broom sick."
He threw it back to Harry with a mixture of jealousy and spite.

"You'll be for it this time, Potter, first years aren't allowed them."
Ron couldn't resist it.

"It's not any old broomstick." He blurted out."It's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, A Comet two sixty?" Ron grinned at Harry.

"Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

"what do you know about it, Weasley. You couldn't afford half the handle."
Malfoy snapped back.
" I suppose you and your brothers have to save up, twig by twig." Ron looked down shamefully.

"Sod off, Malfoy, before i--"
I was cut off by professor Flitwick appearing at Malfoy elbow.

"not arguing I hope boys?"
He squeaked.
"Potter's been sent a broomstick, professor."
Malfoy said quickly.