Michael's Request

1990 (18 years old)

Time has passed and my 18th birthday is slowly approaching. I finally finished my song I wrote for my brother called "Come Back To Me" recorded it and sent it to a couple of labels to see who'll pick it up. I was just about to walk out the door when my phone rang. "Hello?" "Hi is this Jayla? Jayla Pearson?" The voice caught me off guard because it sounded like Michael but a little feminine. "Yeah, this is me...who is this?" I say, with confusion in my voice. "Hi" the voice giggles "I'm Janet, Michael's sister" "oh!" I exclaim, I'm a huge fan of her work. "Hi Janet!" "Hi Jayla, I just wanted to call and say I'm a big fan of your work and I wanted to ask you if I could use your song "Come Back To Me" for my next album. It's beautiful.." I gasped. "I would love for you to use my song!" She laughed and said "Thank you, I promise I'll do it justice!" I hung up and screamed and called my mom. The success in my career is just boosting everyday. I love it. I grab my keys and run out the door to the studio. Michael asked me to help write some music with him for his new album Dangerous, he says he may want to sing with me on a couple tracks too!

I walked in on him singing a track called "Give In To Me" I sat down and just watched him. He was so in the zone. His voice was so intense, it's like he was angry but he wasn't. Every time I watch him I get stuck in this gaze, watching his every move from his eyes to his fingers. I think I drooled once. I can't believe I'm catching these feelings for him. I'm too young to feel this way. It's been this way for a year. But, I guess, I've been doing pretty well at hiding my thoughts and feelings so far.

Michael looked at me and waved then signaled the engineer to cut the track, sat his headphones down and came to greet me. "Hey Jay" he said with that warm smile. He gave me a hug and I just layed there in his arms it felt like forever. He smelled so good and felt better. "Everything ok?" He asked, looking at me, almost reading my face. "Yeah...I'm feeling better, thanks" I said slowly coming back to my senses. "Sounds like a great song you recorded just now." I backed up and released his arms. He smiled "Yeah, I think I'll like it better once the actual guitar solo is placed in the song" He clears his throat and puts his hands in his pockets. "So I decided, I'm going on tour" "oh." I said putting my head down. "Yeah" he sounds like he's trying to hold a smile. "I wanted you to come with me" he smiled. "What?" I look at him eyes widened "I want you to tour with me.. and sing with me" "I'd love to.. I'd be honored.." I was totally speechless. This was the first time I'd even been on tour. I mean, I was planning on going on tour some time this summer but touring with Mike. I couldn't pass up.