A Reaction

Terri, Misty, Lana, Sasha and my brother's girlfriend, Loren walked through my stylists designer studio. Loren looks around in awe at all of the different styles of clothing. Blanca waltzes out with a long white gown covered in diamonds and crystals. "Jayla, try this on my dear so I can make the proper alterations." I grab the dress and change in to it. Looking at myself in the mirror in my beautiful wedding gown, I sigh and give myself a small smile. I walk out my changing room to gasps and awes. "Oh Jay.. That's beautiful." Terri swoons. "You look amazing, Brian is gonna love it." Misty smiles. "I love it." I smile. Blanca stares at the dress, her hand to her chin. "I'm pretty good, it fits perfectly. No need for alterations." I nod and change back into my clothes. "Thanks Blanca!" I yell back, as we walk out. We decide to take Loren to the sunset strip to do some shopping. "So, what did Michael say about your engagement?" Lana asks. I groan and scrunch my face. "He uh.... He doesn't exactly know yet." "You haven't told him?" Terri says shocked. I shake my head as we walk into a store. "Jayla.." Sasha says. "Look, he's just getting out of his funk for the trial, I don't want to upset him." I state. "I don't get it. What's the big deal?" Loren says confused. "Loren, girl it's a long story, with no ending. Michael and Jay have been through hell and back." Terri says placing an arm around her shoulder. "This family has a lot going on with it, you'll see" she grins. I roll my eyes at her and grab a pen to sign a fan's autograph. "He's gonna find out sooner or later it's better if you tell him before someone else does." Lana says. "I honestly don't think Brian is the right guy for you. You and Michael fit so well together. Is it too late to tell Brian no?" Sasha whines. "You know I agree, Brian is a nice guy, but you and Michael are so perfect." Terri says. The rest of the ladies nod in agreement. "Ladies, I am in love with my fiancé, but you guys are right. I need to tell Mike. I'll tell him tonight." I sigh.

Michael opens the door, with a smile on his face. "Hey, I wasn't expecting you to come over. What's up?" I return his smile, with a smaller weaker one. "Hey, I wanted to talk to you. Can I come in?" "Of course." He grabs my hand brushing his across my ring. His eyes wander to the ring. He closes his door and lifts my hand to his face. "What's this?" I sigh heavily. "Brian and I got engaged." "Oh." He says dropping my hand. My eyes meet the floor. "That's why I came over... to tell you." He nods and gives a sweet smile. "Congratulations Jay. I'm honestly happy for you. You deserve the best." I look at him shocked. "You're okay with this? I mean... You're not upset?" "No. I'm fine..." He says. We stand in an awkward silence. "How have you been since.... You know.. The trial." I ask trying to break the silence. "Oh, I've been ok...the kids are starting school so I've been pretty focused on them." He respond clearing his throat. I could tell he was slightly bothered by my ring, he kept glancing at it. "Look, let's just talk about it and get it out because I know it's bothering you." I say, throwing my hands up. I walk to his living room and take a seat as he sits next to me. Michael sighs. "Jay, there's nothing to talk about. You've clearly made your choice." He says gesturing to the ring. "Yeah, but I know it's bothering you so just tell me." I whine. "Fine..." He starts, taking a deep breath. "I think you deserve all the happiness in the world. I thought once we got together we'd stay together, but somehow this guy got in your head and took you away from me. I blame myself for letting you leave, and I have to live with that. It bothers me that you're getting married to someone else because I am completely in love with you. I gave you my heart Jayla, and no matter how much you try, you can't give it back. But I am willing to push my feelings to the side to see your happiness. Ok?" "God, Mike... Why do you make everything so difficult." I groan. "It's the truth, it's how I feel..." He responds. He looks at me wide eyed as I stare at the floor stuck in my thoughts, I feel his hand lift me to face him. "You know you feel the same way Jay.." I tear away from him and look at my ring. "Michael, I love you. But my heart is with Brian..and that's just what it is. I can't keep doing this to myself." I stand to leave and Michael follows. "Jayla you wouldn't tell me about your engagement if you didn't feel something." He says walking behind me. I turn to him being directly behind me, our bodies almost touching. I back up a little and take a breath. "I told you about my engagement because your my best friend..." "But you knew how I felt so you were expecting something." He says back."I was, but I hoped you'd be happy for me!" I say in a more frustrated tone. "I just wanted a more positive reaction out of you Mike.." He stares at me for a minute and puts his hand on his neck. "You want a reaction?" Michael crashes his body onto mine, pushing my back on the door. His lips collide with mine in a passion filled kiss. He pushes his knee in between my legs running his fingers across my buckle. "Michael..no, we can't.." I breathe out before releasing a light moan into his mouth. "Shh" He shushes me, trailing his tongue down my neck. I feel his hand fumble with my pants as he finally unbuckles the buttons. He slides his hand into my pants causing me to moan out a little louder. He looks at me with his lust filled eyes. His lips touch mine again as he tugs at my bottom lip. I feel his teeth graze across my neck as he continues towards my breast. I link my arms around his neck and in mid moan, catch a glimpse of my ring. I shake my head pulling Michael away from me. He stops abruptly and looks at me in shock. "What?" I shake my head, trying to catch my breath. "Michael, I'm engaged." He wipes my lipstick from his lips. "Come on Jay you can't say you don't want this just as bad as I do." I bite my lip, there was something about him wanting me that turned me on. "I do... but I can't... We can't do this." He groans again running his hands through his hair. "Dammit Jay... I'm sorry." I nod and walk towards the door, re buttoning my pants. "I'm gonna go, maybe we'll talk tomorrow..." "Ok..." He slouches on the couch and I walk out the door.

I sit in my car and call Sasha, I needed to talk to someone "Sasha..." I say, my head in my hand. "Jayla? What's wrong." She says expectantly. "I talked to Michael.." I breathe out. "Oh." She says. "Well what happened? How'd he take it?." "We uh..." I start. "Oh God Jayla, please don't say you guys had sex." She whines. "No...but we were close to it. I stopped us." I continue to tell her about the conversation we had and the events that occurred afterward. She gave a deep breath "Jayla. You can't tell Brian about this." She says urgently. "I know, it'd break his heart. I just needed to get it off my chest. But this can't keep happening Sasha." "You guys need to really sit and talk... About everything." "Sasha every time I try to talk to him, we either argue to the point where we give up on each other or we.... You know." I groan. "You guys need a mediator or something... I'll sit with you guys, if you need me too." I sigh and run my hand over my face. "Let me think about it... Right now I just want to get home and shower." "Call me later Jay... You'll figure this out." She hangs up. I toss my phone next to me as my driver curves around the corner to my home. I know what I want. Nothing was changing my mind. My only problem was getting Michael to understand that he and I were friends.