Rehersals

I awoke still laying in his arms. He had me wrapped like a child with his teddy bear, never letting go. I sat there thinking of what happened last night. I couldn't believe it was real. I smiled and kissed his chin. While watching him sleep I stroked his hair until he opened one eye and smiled "Hi." He said drowsily. "Hi." I smiled back. He pulled me closer to him pressing a soft kiss on my cheek. I turned to face him "Are you sure about this?" He asked with a worried look on his face. I was positive, I loved him and he loved me. "I'm sure." I simply replied. I felt his lips touch mine and that was it. We kissed...

1991 (19 years old)

Dangerous was finally released and doing excellent. But of course, work is never done. The Dangerous Tour was announced and shows sold out in hours. It was time for rehearsals. Not to mention, I was working on my third album. I moved me and my mother out to California. I figured it would be best since the rehearsals for the show were going to be in Neverland. We rehearsed 3 times a week, 5 hours a night. Michael and I were hiding our relationship pretty well, no one suspects a thing...I think.

"Okay let's start at the top of I just can't stop loving you, with Siedah and Michael" Kenny Ortega yelled at the band. "Kenny, Jayla is going to replace Siedah.." Michael said pointing towards me. "Oh." I said "I am?" "Yeah, come on Jay." Michael giggled. I ran to my mark and waited. I don't know why I was so nervous, this was my first time singing live with him. I watched him as he sung and it was like he was another person. His smile was brighter than usual and his confidence was high. As he sung, he bit his lip and stared, I blushed and began singing, walking towards him while he's watching me intensely. We had reached the end of the song and we stopped and stared into each other's eyes for what felt like forever. The lights went down and I could hear the crew clapping and cheering. Michael pressed his forehead against mine and pecked my nose before the lights came back on. I snuck a smile at him then we separated. "That felt so real." Siedah said "that was really good" she clapped. "I felt the love" Kenny said. Michael and I just giggled and said thanks.