The Ugly Truth

Weeks after the wedding went by the bliss had died down and it was like Michael was a zombie. He was so sluggish and had no emotions. I was so worried about him. His entire life changed. I can't believe someone would do something like this to him. He's done so much for children. He's based his life off of children. Hell, as much as he's done for me as a child! I was angry just thinking of it. I walked in his room to check on him. He took some of his sleeping pills again. I grab the bottle out of his hand and shake my head. I never approved of drugs, of any sort, even the prescribed ones. My dad was addicted to drugs which is why I never saw him. But, I want him to be ok. I want my Michael back. He was going through so much, the police came and took naked photos of Michael for the child molestation case and a deposition for the dangerous album. Some guy claims Michael and I stole his songs for dangerous. I roll my eyes.

There was a knock at the front door. I wasn't worried because the only people that are allowed to come here unannounced are Michael's mother, my mother, Elizabeth Taylor and myself, every one else needed an appointment. I open the door to Elizabeth. "Hi, Elizabeth." I smile weakly. I was so tired and I don't know why but I was feeling a little sick. It's got to be the stress. Elizabeth grabs my face and smooches both my cheeks "How is he?" She asks walking towards his room. "He's sleeping right now. I want him to get all the rest he can." I say, hoping she won't disturb him. "I won't wake him. I just want to look at him." She replies. She quietly opens his door and peeks her head inside then closes the door. She turns to me smiling. "You're taking such great care of him....how are you?" "I'm fine, a little exhausted and a little sick but fine." I admit. Elizabeth examines me, looking me up and down smirking. "You're pregnant." She blurts. I laugh. "No I'm not." "Are you sure?" She asks, squinting her eyes. "Positive" I reply. Michael and I have been very careful. There's no way I could be pregnant.

Elizabeth and I sat and talked about everything going on as she constantly implied that I was pregnant. I rejected the thought. Finally, Michael awoke and came to the kitchen. "Hi Elizabeth" he said sleepily. He walked over to she and I and kissed both of our cheeks. I watched him as he staggered around the kitchen grabbing a glass of water. "How are you, dear?" Elizabeth asked him. "I'm well" he responded dryly. I kept watching him. I noticed his words were a little slurred. I looked at Elizabeth and it seemed she noticed it too. "Mike are you sure you're okay?" I asked him. "Yeah babe, I'm fine. I promise." He turned and smiled lightly. Something wasn't right, I notice the signs of intoxication pretty quickly because of my dad. I went and grabbed the pill bottle I took from him when he was sleeping. They were pain pills. "Mike. How many of these did you take?" I walk towards him holding the bottle. He giggles slightly taking the bottle out of my hand. "I don't know maybe four. Why?" "You took four?" Elizabeth exclaims. "You've been taking these for weeks Michael.." I have never been so angry. "I'm fine Jay. Don't worry." He smiles. I nearly burst into tears as I walked away from him. I didn't know how to deal with this. Elizabeth went to talk to him. "Michael, this isn't the answer. Pain pills?" She says. "I'm in pain Elizabeth.." He says seriously. He sits in a chair with a blank face. I couldn't believe what I was dealing with. It hurt me to see him this way. "Michael, why didn't you just talk to me?" I ask, still holding back tears. "I'm your wife, that's what I'm here for." "I know. I just don't want to talk about it or deal with it." He says. He sounds disappointed in himself. As he should be, turning to drugs are never the answer. Michael promised me he'd go to rehab. He had been gone for about a month. I missed him like crazy. I sat and watched the television as Elizabeth Taylor held a press conference on Michael and his status. I was asked to speak on the issue but I couldn't bear to take it. "It's been rumored that Michael Jackson only went to rehab to get away from the case he's facing in court." "Ugh" I scoff as I turn off the television.