Brian.

I look in the mirror inspecting my little black dress, hoping it wasn't too tight or revealing for a first date. I pinch my side and scoff. My pregnancy weight never fully went away. I turn to the side. "Hmm, you gave mommy a nice butt though Keenan." I say to my son's spirit. I nod approvingly and begin to put on my heels. The knock on my door distracts me. "Coming!" I yell out. I grab my perfume and spray twice, grabbing my clutch and keys I open the door. Brian was dressed in a grey suit with a black tie. He was so handsome. His caramel toned skin brought out the rich deep chocolate color brown in his eyes, with a clean goatee growing around his perfectly sculpted lips. I see he also just got his haircut. "Wow..you look amazing" he scans me with his eyes smiling. "You too" I smile back. I close my door and walk towards his car as he opens the door. My bodyguard gets in his car to follow us. I always have to have at least one with me.

We pull into the driveway of a beautiful restaurant called "Le Tavern." Out of all the places I've been, I've never eaten here. As soon as we get out of the car paparazzi start flashing their cameras. My bodyguard rushes us inside. "We have the special table." Brian informed the host as we step inside. "I got us a secluded table in the back of the restaurant, so we could eat peacefully." He leans over to me and whispers. I smile. "That was thoughtful. Thank you."

We sit and talk about ourselves and our families, it really was turning out to be an amazing date. "I'm honestly a little nervous about this date." Brian says. "Why?" I giggle, tilting my head. "You're a superstar, you're gorgeous. I mean we may be the same age, but I've been a fan of yours since you came on the scene. You're amazing." He exclaims. "That's really sweet, thank you. I wonder why I didn't notice you at that video shoot." I think out loud. "I don't know. This could've happened a long time ago if you did." he smiles. I giggle and blush a little. "I want to ask you, and you can let me know if this is too much, but why aren't you and Michael making music together anymore? It was phenomenal." My eyes start to wander. "Was that too much? I'm sorry Jayla." He reached across the table and grabs my hand. "No, it's fine." I smile sweetly. "Michael and I went through a lot with each other and we just decided that we'd be better apart." I answer generically. "So yall don't even talk anymore?" He asked "Not really, no." Disregarding the note and rose I received from him three days ago. Brian and I asked each other more and more questions the whole ride to my house. I give him a light kiss on the cheek and run my thumb across his cheek to remove my lipstick. "It was a good night." I smiled. "We should definitely do this again." "I'll give you a call?" He asks. "Ok" I reply walking in my door.

I kick off my heels, unzipping my dress and head to my bed. It was a long night and I was exhausted. Brian put a big smile on my face tonight. I fell asleep with ease.

Michael had been on tour for about two months now and I wasn't thinking of him one bit. Brian and my work kept me occupied all the time. I was becoming happy again. I felt my mood lifting and everyone around me felt it too. "You're so much more vibrant! I love seeing you like this. You've been so sad." My mother smiles as she flips on the television. "I love feeling this way mom. Brian is a really good guy. I'm lucky to have found him." I confirm to her.

"...Michael Jackson is married again. The singer while on his History Tour got hitched again to his now wife, Debbie Rowe. The couple released a wedding picture showing a clearly pregnant, Debbie. The King of Pop's camp refused to release a comment on the marriage."

My mother looked at me her eyes wide. "Oh. He's married again?" I tilt my head quizzically. I sit back and cross my legs. "If I'm not mistaken, that's the same woman that he said was 'just a friend'... That's good for him, I hope he's happy."

"Meanwhile, Jayla Pearson and her new love, actor, Brian Glover have been spotted all over LA. It looks like both the King and Queen are moving their separate ways"

I smile. Seeing Brian and I on television gave me satisfaction. I knew he and I were official and I was honestly happy for Michael. I've always wanted him to be happy and it seems like he is. My mother watches me. I guess she was waiting for a reaction. But I was truly happy, nothing could anger me at this point.

1997 (25 years old)

I get a phone call at 9 am "Hello" I answer sleepily. "Happy Birthday." I hear Brian sing out. I smile. "Thank you baby." I manage to groan out from my sleepy voice. "Why so early?" I ask. "I know it's early, but I've got a surprise. So come open your door" he replies. "Open my door? " I get up and put on my tank top and shorts and open the door. Brian was standing there grinning with a small kitten wrapped in a bow in his hand. I laugh "Oh my Goodness, Brian!" I pull him inside. "He's precious!" I say, grabbing the kitten out of his hands. "Thank you! I'll name him Rambo." I squeal. I give him a kiss on the cheek and sit on my couch with the kitten. Brian sits next to me. "I'm glad you like it." He smiles. "I've got some more good news. I've been offered a lead role in a drama....its in Miami though." My mouth drops from excitement. "Oh baby! Congratulations." I kiss him again. "When do you leave?" I ask. "Today..." He says sadly. I pout. "Well that's okay. I understand. Maybe while you're out there Rambo and I will come see you!" I say goofily, waving Rambo in his face. Brian chuckles and puts the kitten on the floor grabbing my hands. "I promise I'll call you every chance I get. Don't miss me too much?" I give him a kiss. "I'll miss you every second of the day." I giggle. Brian walks back towards the door and picks up a paper from in front of my door and hands it to me, I knew exactly who it was from. " I love you girl." He yells as he walks back to his car. I blow him a kiss and walk back in my house. I open the note and grab Rambo. "Let's see what this says." I say sarcastically.

"Happy birthday. I know we haven't spoke in a while. But I managed to remember. I hope you enjoy your special day, you deserve every moment.
Best Wishes, Michael"

I scoff and roll my eyes. He couldn't remember if Debbie was a friend or not but he can remember my birthday. I toss the note to the side and put Rambo down.