Bigger Clothes??

The next morning, while Michael was in the studio, I give my mother a call. She would know how to handle this. I didn't want Michael to overhear and get excited. "Hey mom, I'm not feeling well" I whine to her. "Well what did you eat?" "I've been eating the same, nothing changed. I've just been throwing up all night and feeling crappier in the morning." I respond. "Hmm. Take a pregnancy test." She says shortly. I knew she was going to say that. Ive been dreading to take one. What if it's positive? I don't know if I'm ready for a baby. My career isn't ready for a baby. I give an exasperated sigh "okay." I finally cave. "I'll just go straight to my doctor, pregnancy tests aren't always accurate." "Let me know the results." She says. "Ok. I will, thanks mom" I sigh, hanging up. I run my hands through my hair and plop on the sofa nearest to me. I can't believe I'm probably pregnant. I give my doctor a call to schedule an emergency appointment.

I gave Michael a small smile as he walked in from the studio. "Hey, mike. Come sit with me" I say patting the cushion next to me. He sits and lifts my feet, laying them on his lap. "What's up Jay" he asks "well, I went to the doctors earlier today, and I figured out why I've been so sick" I smile. "I'm pregnant." Michael's eyes nearly popped out his head. "Really?!" I nod my head. "We're having a baby" I say rubbing my stomach. "How far along are you?" He asked. He was so excited. "Only about 12 weeks. I'm still pretty early." He stands, letting my feet fall to the floor. "I've got so much to do. Have you told your mom? I need to tell mother." I giggle at how frantic he was. I pull his arm to sit him back down. "Relax, I'm only 12 weeks. That's only 3 months. We've still got 6 months" I lay my forehead on his cheek. "I'm going to be a daddy.." He says. "Mhm" I agree, smiling. "We're going to be parents" he repeated. "Yup" I agree again. He breathes heavily. "...your going to need bigger clothes" we both laugh. "Can we think of names?" He asked. I giggled "Sure. I've already got a boy's name." "Ok lay it on me." "Keenan Michael Jackson." I smile, waving my hand across the sky. "So, I've got to think of a girl's name?" I nod. "Mikayla Katherine Jackson?" I lift my brow. "Mikayla?" "Yeah! A little of my name and a little of yours" I nod slowly. "Oh, I get it" I laugh. "That's cute, I like it."

It was like once I told Michael I was pregnant, I started showing more and more. The media was starting to catch glimpses of my baby bump and it was all over the news. It was harder and harder to hide so I decided to release a statement to the media. I lay on my back on the couch flipping through channels, trying to find anything that's not about me or Michael. No success, I grab my pen and pad and begin writing music. I may not be able to perform but I'll sell the song to someone who can. A few phone calls from family interrupted my focus, so I gave up. "I can't wait to meet you, my little angel." I say poking my stomach. "Mommy can't wait to hold you, and sing to you, and cover you with my kisses" I continue. I look up to see Michael holding a bushel of flowers, watching me, smiling. "Well hi mommy." He giggles. I smile "Hi daddy" I respond. "Are those for me?" I ask lifting myself to sit up. He nods and hands me the flowers and sits next to me. He lays back on the sofa and places his head on my lap, lifting my shirt revealing my pregnant belly. He puts a hand on my stomach and rubs it "you awake in there?" He kisses below my belly button. "Daddy's right here." He begins singing a tune to my stomach. I lay there and smile as he serenades our child. I could do this forever.