Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour

"I've never been so happy mom. The tour is going great! We'll be in the states in the next two weeks." I exclaim. I don't think she knows about Michael and I yet. But something in my gut says she does. She keeps asking me when I'm gonna settle down. "I'm happy for you, Jayla. I saw on the news a clip of one of your concerts..." Oh God. I hope it's not the one I think it is. "...and I meant to call you about it when first saw it. I thought I heard Michael call you the love of his life?" I stammer a little "uh. Yeah...um. He did..." "I think it's great how you two are still such close friends after 7 years" she interjected. I sighed, she still has no clue. I wanna keep it that way until we get home. "Well mom, I've gotta go. I'll call you later. I love you."

"...dancing in the moonlight, I know you are free... Cause I can see your star, smiling down on me..." I say aloud as I write. My brother's disappearance anniversary was coming up and I wanted to release a song in his honor. "We'll be live on HBO on our last show in Bucharest!" Michael bursts in yelling, startling me from my song writing. "That's awesome!" I jump up. "I'm so excited!" "Everything has to be perfect. Everything!" He says adamantly. "I know! I know." I agree, as he sits down. He grabbed my pen and pad. "What's this?" He asks looking through the papers. "Songs.." I sit smiling. "I was just in here writing.." "This is good Jay. Your words are like poetry." He says reading the lyrics. I guess he noticed the song was about Keenan. "I know he's proud of you.." Michael assures me. "Thanks" I look down. I couldn't be sad, I was way to excited about HBO.

The HBO special brought out the best in everyone. That had to be our best show to date. We were all so proud. Michael was phenomenal, as always on stage. I think I did pretty well, myself. After the show was over, I was so glad. We were going home. The European leg was over.

Michael and I had a couple days off from the tour to explore parts of Moscow, but he had seemed a little off. It seemed like he had a lot on his mind. I noticed him staring out the window of the limo. "Mike. What's wrong?" I ask. "I got a call from my manager, telling me about an opportunity when we get back into the states. I'm not sure if I want to do it.." "Really? Well what is it?" "Oprah, wants an interview with me..." He says slowly. I know why he doesn't want to do it. The tabloids are always talking about his skin and the changes in his face. He's told me about it but, I don't think he wants the whole world to know it just yet. "Well...do what's comfortable for you, Mike." I say quietly rubbing his back. He nods his head and turns towards the window again. "I wish I could be out there with them" he uttered. Michael didn't always like being famous, I'm starting to get a taste of what his life is like. I just want him to be happy. I watch him as he stared.