Fans Are Like Stars

Rehearsals were going great, we had gotten just about to the end where Heal The World would be performed, Kenny wanted to show us the graphics for the show. Michael and I stood and watched as the stage lit up beautifully with flags and people of all races showing up on the jumbo screen. Heal The World was one of my favorite songs to record with Mike because it had true meaning. It reminded me of when I was younger and we sang We Are The World together. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder, watching the graphics. I felt like we were alone. No one else mattered at this moment. I put an arm around his waist and simply hugged him. He smiled and clapped once the show was over. "Excellent, excellent Kenny" he says. "I guess we can wrap up for tonight" "Siedah!" I call out "I have a couple of songs I want you to look over for me.." I smile. "Sure J.P no problem" she winked. "I'll call you." I turned to Michael. "Are you staying tonight?" he asked quietly. "Sure." I replied.

Michael and I walked the grounds of Neverland talking and joking about old times. We've only been friends for 5 years but it feels like forever. We find a spot on the grass and lay on our backs staring at the stars. "Are you ready for this tour?" He asks. "I'm nervous." I admit. "What's it like? Looking at everyone while they're looking at you?" "Love." He responds. "It's the only way to describe it..a lot of love." He closes his eyes and smiles. I watch him and he looks so relaxed, so calm, so centered. "It's like looking at the stars." He continued. "You get your energy from them. It's what keeps you going, because you know they are what makes you shine." "Do you ever get nervous?" I ask, I feel like I'm 13 again the way I'm asking these questions. "No. I love it..and you shouldn't be nervous either, Jay. You are so talented! You're really good at what you do. People love you. You make people smile." He looks at me and grabs my hand. "You're truly an amazing person." He added. "It means a lot for you to say that Mike." I say, still staring at the stars. "I mean it..." He says. "I really want us to work Mike. I love you a lot. I've never felt like this about anyone." I say truthfully. Michael turns to his side and smiles. "I love you more Jay." He stops and stares still smiling "I was thinking maybe after the tour we go on a vacation together. Maybe an island or something?" I giggle. "That would be great, we'll probably need it." He leans down and kisses me and we both watch the skies...