Starting off...

After almost two years of no communication, Michael and I were finally alright. I told him I was going on tour and it made me happy that he was excited for me. "God! I wish I could come see you perform, I know you'll be awesome." he exclaimed. "I am so proud of you." He added. I blush, like I said, he still has a hold on me. "Thanks Mike. It means a lot." I could feel his smile over the phone. "It true Jayla, you're great. I tell you this all the time. I've got to go though, send me the schedule of your tour. I want to be able to keep up" he laughs. "Ok." I giggle back. I hang up and toss my phone to the side. I had to finish packing seeing as how I leave in three days. My phone rings again. "Hello?" I answer cheerfully. "I hung up so quickly, I forgot to tell you... I love you." Michael says sweetly. I give him a small giggle. His words made me blush and gave me butterflies. "I love you too Mike." I respond. We sit on the phone in a small silence before finally hanging up. He truly meant the world to me.

Brian finally came home from filming and he and I decided to take a walk in the nearest park. Nobody ever goes there so we knew we'd be alone. As always, one of my body guards quietly stalked behind us. "It sucks I only have one day to spend with you before you leave. it'd be selfish of me to ask you to push back the tour for maybe a week." Brian asks nuzzling his face into my neck and squeezing my waist closer towards him. I laugh "Yes it would!" I understand his selfishness, he literally just got back yesterday from shooting his movie and now here I am all packed and leaving for a year. "I shouldve got you pregnant or something before I left." he laughs out. I lightly punch his arm and giggle. "That's so selfish!" I turn to face him and grab his arms. "Brian, I don't think I'm ready for kids again just yet. You know, I lost my first son at such a young age... And we're still young-" "Shh." He places a finger on my lips. "I was joking. If you're not ready it's ok. I love you Jayla. I'm willing to wait." I smile and nod, sighing a sigh of relief. Brian pulls me in front of him and wraps his arms around my waist laying his head on my shoulder. I lean my head back resting it on his. I look around taking in the view. The park was beautiful. Autumn leaves fell from above us in beautiful colors of orange and brown. "I'm really going to miss you baby." He says as he kisses my cheek. "Trust me the year will go by like that..you won't even notice." I try to reassure him. He grabs my hand and kisses it as we continue down the park pathway.

I kiss Brian on the cheek as I quietly leave my home giving Rambo a slight peck as well. I grab my last piece of luggage and walk out the door. I step on a note from Michael and smile as I pick it up

"Good luck on your tour, my love. I do hope to hear from you while your out there but if not, I wish you a safe return. I look forward to seeing you when you come back.
Love always, Mike."

I hold the note closely and giggle at the tiny hand print from Prince. I fold the note and put it in my pocket. Wrap up scarf and walk towards the car. We pull off to an array of paparazzi at the front gate trying to get a picture of me leaving. "Stop the car at the gate. I wanna say something" I tell my driver. I usually never speak to the press which is why they always picked on me. But I'm feeling better about my life and myself so I may just make this a habit. We stop at the gate as I roll my window down. "Jayla! How are you feeling?" a photographer screams out. "I feel great. I'm about to go off on tour and meet millions of my fans all over the world! I'm very excited. Take care of my house!" I laughed as I rolled up my window and headed to the airport.