I Miss You

"I know that you and Michael just got divorced, but you do know that you two are still contracted for 3 singles on his next album, right?" My assistant Sasha explains. "You know I completely forgot." I respond sarcastically. "I'm headed to record my verse on a song now." I tell her. When I was younger Sasha was not one of my favorites. But now that I'm older, she's one of my closest friends. "Are you two going to be together in the same studio?" She asked. "Oh God, no. I'm not ready for that. I'm going to record my verse and send it over to him." "Oh okay. Well get to work ladybug" Sasha says before hanging up. Michael sent me the track instrumental to a song called "They Don't Care About Us" with his vocals already on it. I get to the studio and hand the engineer the track. The song is powerful and his vocals are amazing, of course. I immediately want him in the studio with me. I recorded my verse and wrapped up my session.

I walked to the door of my house to another package at my doorstep. I pick it up and walk inside. I read the note attached:

"I'm going to release this tomorrow, I just wanted you to hear it first
Love always, Michael "

I popped the tape in my radio and hit play. It was that tune I heard in his house.

"Another day has gone, I'm still all alone. How could this be? your not here with me...You never said goodbye, someone tell me why. Did you have to go...and leave my world so cold."

The beginning pierced my heart like a knife, I could hear the heartbreak in his voice. But, it was beautiful. I loved it and I still loved him. I called him to tell him how much I loved the song. "Jayla." He answered. "Hi." I respond. "Hi....did you get the song?" He asked. "Yeah, I was um, calling to tell you I love it..it's beautiful." I stammered. "I'm glad you like it...there's a lot of truth in it." He admits. I couldn't respond to that without getting caught in my feelings. I sigh and change the subject. "I also called to tell you that I liked the They Don't Care About Us track and I recorded my vocals on it this morning so you should receive it tomorrow." I was really trying to stick to business with him. "Ok" he says shortly. "The label actually wants a short film for that song. I was thinking we go to the slums of Brazil..." He added. "Yeah that's fine, we can do that. Just have your assistant send mine the info." I interrupted. The thought of seeing him after our divorce distracted me. "Ok...I'll talk to you later I guess." I hear him sigh. "ok." I reply. We both knew what was missing at the end of this phone call. There was no "I love you."

By this time, the press was all over our divorce. When Michael released 'You Are Not Alone' headlines went wild and paparazzi were like animals. I was kind of happy to get away from it all and go to Brazil. I meet Michael and our director, Spike Lee, in one of the cabanas rented out to us. This was my first time seeing him face to face since our divorce.

"Hello everyone." I wave as I walk in. "Jayla. Hi." Michael smiles as he walks to hug me. He kisses both cheeks. "You look amazing." He smiles. "Thank you." I politely nod. He looked great, he cut his hair and he looked a little more muscular. He gently touched my elbow. He was clearly better at putting on a front than I was. "We were just about to go on set and start recording." He says. "Okay, awesome. Let's go." We were going to be in Brazil for about 3 days recording this short film. I had to get myself comfortable around Michael again. I was more afraid of falling for him again.

The first day of the shoot went well. Michael and I were booked in the same cabana. Unfortunately these places only had one king size bed. We had a problem. "Well I guess I'll take the floor, you can have the bed." Michael says, tossing his bag to the side. "We can share the bed. I'm pretty sure this is big enough for two people" I blurt out. "Are you sure?" He asks. "Yeah, you don't have to sleep on the floor." I sit on the bed removing my shoes.

Later that night, Michael walks out of the bathroom drying his hair and I couldn't help but watch him. I found myself biting my lip and scanning his body. Maybe this was a bad idea. He peaks over at me. "You ok?" He giggles. "Yeah. I'm fine." I say over my own thoughts. I turn and lay my head on the pillow. Michael hops in bed as well as faces me. "I know this probably shouldn't be said. But I miss you like crazy Jay." I suck my teeth. "Michael-" "I know, I'm sorry. But I do, it's so difficult for me to act like everything is alright between us. It's not! You know it just as much as I do." He interrupts. "It's so hard to grasp the fact that you aren't my wife." He strokes my face. "Jayla, I am so sorry for what I said to you. It was stupid, and I was wrong." He scoots closer. "Please forgive me? Please?" "Michael, I forgive you...you have no idea how much hell I've gone through mentally, trying to forgive you. But it still hurts to see you, it hurts to hear your voice, because I miss you so much." I admit "I'm still hurt. An apology can't fix that." "I can make it better, I promise you." His big brown eyes capture me and he kisses me, moving his body closer to mine. I missed his lips. I feel his large hands wrap around my body and slide down my back. I rub his arms, feeling all over his body. He's gotten muscular. I lift my leg and wrap it around him, as he caresses my thigh and butt. His fingers move around my panties slowly sliding them down my legs. I moan as he kisses my neck and grasps me in between my legs. This was I Miss You sex. I roll on top of him as he pulled out his member for me. I slowly entered him inside of me, giving me chills. He grabs my face and brings my lips closer to his. "Oh my God, Jayla I missed you so much" He moans out, running his hands through my hair. He lifts my shirt over my head as I continue to grind on him. Screaming out in pleasure, I kiss him again. I tug at his bottom lip with my teeth. Why did I ever let this man go? Michael rolls me on my back and begins pushing in and out of me. His heavy breathing in my ear made me want him more. I lift my body to catch his rhythm and pull him closer to me. I feel my legs start to shake and I moan out "I love you" as I feel myself lose control. His body tightens up as he releases and begins kissing me. I wince as he slides himself out of me. He pulls me closer. "You're still beautiful afterwards" He smiles, removing hair from my face. "I think I scratched up your back." I admit. "Battle scars." He shrugs. I was stuck in the moment. But I had to tell him that this would be the last time.