Victory Day

I sit in the car outside of Michael's home waiting for him to come out for another day of his trial. It felt like everyday he was getting slower and slower. I can tell this was starting to become overwhelming. He finally comes and flops in the car heaving a deep sigh. "Michael... Why do you have on pajamas?" I say confused. "I just didn't feel like it today." He slurs. His hair was undone and he looked a lot skinnier. "Mike have you been eating?" I say a little more confused. He gives a slow nod and turns to face me. "Are you ok?" I ask. "Yeah..." He answers shortly. "...are you sure because you don't look-" "I don't need you to tell me I look bad. I know that already" He snaps. "Michael.. I-I didn't mean it that way I just.." "It doesn't matter.." He snaps again, disregarding the apparent hurt in my voice. I scoff and roll my eyes, pouting and sulking in my seat. He sneaks a glance at me out of the corner of his eye. He knew he had hurt my feelings, he just didn't care enough to apologize. For the remainder of the ride we sat on our separate sides looking away from each other.

As always, the chaos outside of the court was crazy. I slid out of the car waving and giving a smile to the crowd as I waited for Michael. He staggered out the car his bodyguard pulling us closer together and another holding an umbrella over Michael. I was still pretty angry at Michael, so being this close to him bothered me. He gave a very light wave to the thousands of fans outside and we swiftly walked inside. Another day of watching the Arvizo's put out dozens of untruths towards Michael. "I thought he would hold us hostage until he decided to put me and my family in a hot air balloon and float away forever." Arvizo says, her accent thickening as she cried. I snicker at the false statement "Oh please..." I mutter. I looked at the jury hoping their facial expressions would give me some kind of insight into their thoughts, but they were unreadable. It's no way people were believing this. I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

Michael and I walk back towards to the car after a long trial day and sit in silence. "My head is killing me..." He groans. I turn to him and scan him up and down. "Maybe you should rest... If you want." I say softly, trying not to piss him off again. I don't know what made him so angry at me earlier, but I didn't like it at all. "I'll be so glad when this is over. I can't get any sleep." He mutters. "Me too." I mumble. He gives me a look, curling his lip. "You know you don't have to be here..." "Maybe I won't come back..." I sneer. I fold my arms and scoot as close to the window as possible, keeping my eyes on the glass. We pull back into his home after a long ride of anger and silence. He sighs and taps my leg. "Can you come inside? I want to talk to you." I look at him, trying to find a way to tell him no. "Please.." He says softly. I roll my eyes and open the car door to walk inside. "I'll be back.." I tell the driver. He opens the door, as I walk past him with my arms still folded, he allows me inside first and closes the door softly. I don't walk to far inside before I turn around to face him, anger written on my face. "I'm sorry." He says sadly, his eyes meeting the floor. "I'm dealing with so much. I didn't mean to be like that towards you... I can't stand to see you mad at me." He says, attempting to grab my hand until I snatch it away. He sighs. "I know you're dealing with a lot, but I'd really like it if you didn't snap on me. I'm on your side." I state calmly. "I only asked about you eating because you've lost a lot of weight. I'm concerned about you Michael..." "I know, I'm sorry...I don't feel like myself anymore." He groans, wiping his hand across his face. "You're not acting like yourself either." I chime. He nods in agreement. I grab his hand "Mike, you can't close me out ok? I'm here only for you..." I say. "Ok.." He says kissing my knuckles. I give him a sweet smile and rub his cheek. "Why do you always kiss my hand?" I ask. "To keep me from kissing your lips." He admits, pulling me closer. His eyes locking with mine. I giggle and shake my head as I walk towards the door. "Get some rest and get rid of that headache. I'll see you tomorrow." Trailing my hand away from his. He nods.

2005 (33 years old)

Day after day, week after week, Michael and I attended more dates until finally the jury had reached a decision. Michael was generally quiet the entire ride there. We sat in the car hand in hand and I could feel his hand tremble, he was terrified of the outcome. It took everything in me not to cry. I squeeze his hand tighter giving him a reassuring look. His mother and Janet sat behind us patting his shoulder every once in a while to calm him. His eyes stayed closed as if he was praying. The bodyguard opened the door and we heard thousands of fans screaming "Michael's innocent" we rush inside the courtroom to sit in silence as the jury files inside. Michael and his lawyer stand as well as The Arvizo's and their lawyer. "Jurors, have you reached a verdict?" The judge asks. "Yes we have your honor, we the jury find the defendant...." I inhale sharply squeezing Janet and Jackie's hands. I think Michael did the same, I saw his shoulders square up higher. I close my eyes as tight as I could. "Not guilty." It took everything in me not to scream out loud. I felt the tears welling in my eyes and all I could say was "thank God" "Mr. Jackson on behalf of the state of California congratulations you are a free man, and are free to leave this court room. To the jurors..." The Jackson family and myself meet Michael in the lobby of the courthouse and take turns hugging him tightly. His face was still very stoic and still. He walked out of the court room, emotionless, with one final wave to the fans as they cheered him on. He sits inside the car rolling his window down and flashing the victory sign as we pull off. "Are you ok?" I ask him, a huge grin on my face. He nods lightly "I'm just glad it's finally over." I grab his hand and lay my head on his shoulder. "It's over Mike.. You're a free man. It's all going to be ok." I couldn't imagine the emotional state he was in.

"Happy anniversary baby..." Brian smiles rubbing my hand as we walk through the park. He and I were celebrating 2 years of our renewed relationship. "Thank you baby..." I smile lovingly. "Hey, I know I've devoted a lot of my time elsewhere and I haven't paid attention to you properly, but I promise from now on I am all yours." I smile. He waves "Baby, I think it's great how good of a friend you've been to Michael, he needed you and I understand that. You're a great person Jay. I'm ready to make us a real family.." I frown "what do you mean? We are a real family." "Yeah we are, and I'm happy we went through what we did, I'm so happy you came back to me, and I'm so happy to be the one to ask you..." He pulls out a small box, kneeling down. My heart drops and my mouth opens. "Oh my God.." "Will you marry me?" He smiles. "I thought you didn't believe in marriage..." I gasp. "Things change." He smiles, standing up. "So...you didn't answer my question." I giggle. "Yes!" I bring his lips to mine and lean into his arms. "I love you girl." He whispers. "I love you too Brian." There we were, engaged. I look at my ring with a wide smile. I was 33 and already going into my second marriage. Brian and I get home and comfortable in bed as he pulled my body next to his. He rubs my arms, and lays his hand on my hip. "You know...I was thinking about something else too." He smirks laying kisses across my collar bone. "What was that?" I smirk back. "We should have another kid. Angel's 3 I think it's time we give her a sibling." He says in between kisses...