[6]

Finishing the rest of my drink, I close my laptop with a heavy sigh effectively gaining Matteo's attention

Finishing the rest of my drink, I close my laptop with a heavy sigh effectively gaining Matteo's attention. I found it incredibly difficult to get any work done when just across the aisle, a little girl, my sister, is sleeping. I glance at her boney figure, even whilst sleeping she looks on edge. 

"What are we going to do?" I speak to no one in particular, holding a hand to my head. 

"Parker being a girl changes things." I say turning my gaze back to Matteo.

"That, is does brother." Matteo sighs.

Parker being a young girl only puts her in more danger. Running a powerful mafia means we have many enemies. The only way our enemies can truly get to us is through those we hold dear. Our entire family understands this, however the twins know this more than anyone as they were kidnapped a mere six years ago. 

"I've just contacted Francesco. I told him to find everything he can on Parker, seeming as she is not going to open up to us anytime soon." I tell Matteo.

Francesco is my consigliere. It's not like I need much advising, but it is nice to have a close friend to lean on. I've known him for years as he grew up with my family and I. I trust him with my life, so I know with full certainly he can handle this task. 

"I agree, she seems like a very closed off individual. I trust we won't be telling her about our real jobs for the time being?" Matteo asks.

"Correct, she is far too young and innocent, let alone unprepared." I respond. 

All our brothers grew up in this life, Parker obviously hasn't. My family understands the risks of their actions. They know the danger they are constantly in. 

"I will be increasing security around the house. We cannot lose our sorellina when we have just discovered her." I voice.

My mind goes to the russian mafia. The russians are always looking for a new way to savatage us. 

Matteo just hums in agreement, before we both try to get some more work done.

---

The remainder of the flight passed by rather quickly, I managed to get some more tasks completed. Before I knew it, we had landed and were ready to drive home. 

Standing from my seat, I look to Parker who is still out like a light. She must have been exhausted. Cautiously, I approach her curled up body. I watch her chest rise and fall steadily, indicating she is in fact still asleep. 

Not wanting to wake her, I slowly unbuckle her seat belt and move to pick her up. In the process, I signal Matteo to grab her belongings.

I reach under her armpits effectively lifting her. I then move one arm under her bottom while situating her on the side of my hip. Merda, she weighs nothing. 

Whilst still sleeping, Parker subconsciously, wraps her legs around my waist. Her arms move to wrap around my neck before she rests her head on my shoulder. Cazzo, she's too cute.

I place my free hand on her back rubbing soothing circles as I do not want her waking up. If she were to wake up right now, in this position, I have no doubt she'd freak out. 

Exiting the plane, I see Matteo leaning against the car waiting for us. As I approach, he opens the back door. I slide in the back seat, moving my hand from her back to protect her head. 

Matteo quietly closes the door before taking a seat in the front. With a nod to our driver, we begin driving home. 

The entire ride home, I take the opportunity to observe the sleeping girl in my arms. She looks just like mother. Her face has soft features, including a little button nose. Freckles adorn her cheeks, contrasting her fair skin. I notice even while sleeping, her eyebrows scrunch together and her rosy lips form a pout. Thick long blonde hair cascades down her back contrary to how all our brothers sport dark brown hair. I guess, she was the only one who inherited mother's blonde locks. 

I wish I could see her eyes. From our brief earlier encounter, I know they are a vibrant green, again like mothers were. At least that is one similarity she shares with us, our eyes. Our father has green eyes as well, though they were more grey in appearance. My brothers and I eye's vary from shades of green to grey. 

While observing my beautiful sorellina, I hardly noticed the drive home. Looking out the window now, I see we are through our gate and pulling up our long driveway. As if on cue, I feel Parker stirring in her sleep. 

I look down to her rubbing her eyes and stretching her limbs. I can't help the small chuckle that escape my lips. 

As expected I watch her body stiffen upon feeling the vibrating of my chest. She realizes the position she's in and practically jumps off of me. 

"M' sorry" I hear her mutter from her new seat beside me.

"It's quite alright sorellina, I didn't wish to disturb your sleep" I reassure her. 

I received no response from her. So, I decide to try and continue the conversation. 

"We are currently pulling up to our home as we speak." I say as I watch her attention divert from her shoes to the window. 

"Matteo will show you your room and you'll meet your other brothers at dinner." I inform her.

Suddenly Parker whips her head in my direction.

"I-I have mo-more brothers?" She quietly asks.

"Indeed, three more. Five in total." I answer.

Parker remains silent for a few moments. I swear I can hear the gears turning in her head.

"a-any sisters?" She meekly asks.

Matteo chuckles from the front seat.

"Unfortunately, no." He replies.

Parker lets out a humph before sinking lower into her seat. 

I feel the car slow to a stop. Matteo and I exit the vehicle while our driver opens the door for Parker. I hear her mutter a quiet thank you before hoping out. Thank god she has manners.

Watching as she looks up at our house in complete awe, I can't help the small smile that forms on my lips.

Welcome home, sorellina.

[word count 1061]