[27]

Happily eating my meal, I can't help the genuine smile that graces my face

Happily eating my meal, I can't help the genuine smile that graces my face. Eating a family dinner with my brothers and sorellina may seem so ordinary in hindsight, but it just really lifts my spirits.

Before dinner, Lorenzo gathered all the brothers whilst Parker was showering. He told us about the talk he had with Parker. It's safe to say we weren't happy. If James wasn't already dead we would be doing everything in our power to make him wish he were dead. We are however putting all out resources in to finding out the two other men Parker mentioned.

I think the task of finding these men was good for Ares. He seeks vengeance, we all do, but Ares is Ares. I'm just glad he's learning to control his angry and put it towards something productive. 

Despite being fully italian, we rarely get to enjoy authentic meals from our country. We have busy lives so even eating a meal as a family is not a common occurrence either. 

Luca making some dumb comment pulls my attention from my plate. I turn to see his carefree smile drop into a look of concern. 

Following his gaze, I am met with Parker hyperventilating. What did this stronzo do now?

I watch as Parker continuously claws at her throat, terror is evident in her eyes. Could she be choking?

The unfamiliar feeling of fear washes over my body as she struggles to tell Matteo she can't breathe. 

Matteo, being the doctor he is, takes action and quickly accesses she's in anaphylactic shock. What could she be allergic to? All my brothers, myself included aren't allergic to anything. We have never experienced this situation before. What if we don't have the tools to help her? 

I feel completely useless observing the situation, not to mention scared for my sorellina's life. 

Told to retrieve Matteo emergency bag, I sprint to the third floor, taking the steps three at a time. Frantically typing in the password, I mentally curse Lorenzo for this added security. He installed in as soon as we had word an eleven year old would be living with us.

I grab the bag and sprint down the stairs, almost tripping on the way. By the time, I arrive back in the dining room, I can tell Parker is barely hanging onto consciousness. The lack of oxygen must be catching up to her tiny body. I'm surprised she's held on this long. My little fighter.

Matteo rips the bag open, quickly finding the medication he's searching for. Wasting no time, he injects it into Parkers thigh. 

A collective breath of relief is heard around the room as we see Parker finally starting to catch her breathe. She is now only wheezing with every breath she takes. 

However, the relief is short lived as Matteo explains to us the possibility of another delayed second reaction. With that news, we all rush to garage, the hospital being our destination.