[30]

It's now later in the evening and I realized I haven't given Matteo a list of the things I'll be needing for my costume

It's now later in the evening and I realized I haven't given Matteo a list of the things I'll be needing for my costume. I don't plan on telling what I'm going to be, if he can guess from the materials needed, then so be it. I doubt he'll be able to though.

I rip the page with the needed information from my journal, but not before making sure I spelled everything correctly. I stand from my desk and leave my room in search of Matteo. 

Exiting my room, I close my door gently. It's not that I'm scared of making noise, it must just be a habit I picked up while living with James. 

As I slowly make my way downstairs, I make a point to ask Matteo when I can get this godforsaken boot off. It would make it a lot easier if I could trick or treat without it - that is if they let me.

I find Luca in the kitchen, eating as usual. With his spoon still in hand, he waves his hand causing food to go flying. I watch as it flies through the air, landing on the wall. Turning my gaze back to Luca, he just shrugs his shoulders muttering oops.

"Do you know where Matteo is?" I ask deciding to ignore the noodles sliding down the wall.

Luca watches the food slowly drip to the floor before turning his direction back to me. He really isn't going to clean it up?

"Umm... think he's on the third floor, why?" He responds taking another bite.

I wait for him to finish before continuing, I personally hate when people ask me questions while my mouth is filled.

"I have some confidential information to share with him." I say in a serious tone, I keep my list hidden in my pocket.

Luca's face lifts in shock.

"Well, I better go get him then." He says, already getting off his stool.

But, Matteo's probably busy. Lorenzo said business is done on the third floor.

"Wait... actually, it's not urgent." I reply, getting quieter towards the end.

Luca halts his movements now standing directly infront of me. It seems as though he is analyzing my face, trying to understand what I'm thinking.

"How about.... I shoot him a text?" Luca asks trying to compromise.

He is definitely catching on to my habit of not wanting to ever disturb people. 

"Okay, can you tell him I'll be waiting in my room, please?" I agree deciding this way he can come to me when he's ready.

"Of course, piccola." Luca happily states.

I thank my youngest older brother before heading back to my room. 

After my late lunch with Parker, I've spent the rest of my day on the third floor

After my late lunch with Parker, I've spent the rest of my day on the third floor. I have a lot of work to catch up on since I spent the night with her at the hospital. However, I will always put my sorellina first.

I must have lost track of time because my attention is pulled from my paperwork by the hum of my phone. I drop my pen before dragging my hands through my hair. I need a coffee.

Taking my phone out of my pocket, I open the text from Luca. I read through his brief message before deciding to retire working for the night. My Parks needs me.

I make sure to lock up my office - even though we have added security to even get on this floor. Lorenzo is just being a nervous nelly as Parker is now living with us. Honestly, I don't blame him. 

Soon enough, I find myself infront of Parker's door. I knock in a pattern I only use for her. I haven't told her that, but she's a smart cookie so I'm sure she's caught on.

Instead of hearing a quiet come in, I'm met with Parks opening the door, a bright smile on her face. I can't help myself, I squish her cheeks together with one of my hands. 

My actions don't seem to bother her. If I did that to any of my brothers, I'd have a black eye.

"I am here per your request, m'lady." I say bowing my head.

I never get to be silly with brothers, as I am supposed to set forth a certain example being only younger to Lorenzo. So, whenever I'm with my sorellina, I like to let loose. Especially, when I get to see her lovely smile as a result. 

"I made you a list!" Parker giggles in response.

Dio. I could listen to her laugh all day, It's music to my ears.

"What's this list for again?" I ask as she hands me a folded piece of paper.

Parker gives me a seriously look. Of course, I haven't forgotten about my agreement in helping with getting her costume. I just selfishly want to hear her voice.

"My Halloween costume." She explains in a duh tone, waving her hands for emphasis.

I send her a smile before unfolding the paper and quickly scan over her list. Quite an interesting choice in items.

"You can find all the items at a thrift store. It's just for Halloween, so shopping second hand just makes sense." Parker adds while I read her list.

Little does she know, I'm going to spoil her. My Parks never asks for anything so, now it a good as ever to spend money on her - even if these material are rather odd.

"Oh, and please don't forget the watch! It's super important to the costume." She exclaims.

I love how excited she is over Halloween, I might have to force our bothers to dress up with her. My family stopped celebrating the holiday as soon as Luca lost interest. 

"Duly noted, anything else I can help you with?" I question, already excited to go shopping for her.

I stuff the list into my back pocket as Parker's gaze finds the ceiling, looking to be deep in thought.

"Umm.. I was wondering when I could take this boot off? My foot feels better, I promise." She inquires.

I think about her question for a while. She has had it on for about two weeks. Obviously, I don't want to force her to wear it if she feels fine.

"How about we have a little trial run? On Halloween you can take it off, but if you feel any pain, any at all, it goes back on until further notice." I reason with her.

Parker sheriks in excitement, launching herself in my arms.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She squeals in my ear.

I wrap my arms around her and swings her in a circle, causing her to once again giggle.

"You have to be honest though, okay?" I voice in a serious tone.

I set her on her bed, sitting next to her in the process.

"I promise!" She claims, nodding her head assertively.

I ruffle her hair and stand from her bed.

"Good. Now go to bed, bambina. It's getting late." I state.

She mutters an okay, whilst brushing her hair out of her eyes - courtesy of me.

While exiting her room, I wish her sweet dreams. Glancing through the door one last time before I shut it completely, I see she is already half asleep - looking utterly adorable 

"G'night Teo, I love you." I hear her mutter as I close the door.

My heart feels as it is about to explode as stand outside her now closed door. She just told me she loves me, and she gave me a nickname! 

Dio mio, I love that kid.

[word count 1265]