[9]

"Since you are now living here, I have some rules you will be expected to follow

"Since you are now living here, I have some rules you will be expected to follow." Lorenzo speaks.

Rules? I can do that, I am great at following rules.

In response, I stare at him expectantly.

"I'll be telling you these now with your brothers present so they can help enforce them." he pauses. 

"They all followed similar rules until coming of legal age." Lorenzo adds. 

I hear a scoff come from Luca. Didn't he just become of age, eighteen?

"Failure to follow these rules will result in punishment." Lorenzo states.

Uh oh.

"Trust me sorellina, you do not want to be punished by Lorenzo." Luca chuckles, but I sense nervernous in his laugh. 

What does he mean? Is he going to beat me as a punishment?  What if they are just like James? I can't -

My spiralling thoughts are cut off by Lorenzo. 

"Luca, thank you. What a great segway into the first rule: no interrupting." Lorenzo grits through his teeth sending a look that could kill in Luca's direction. 

I follow Lorenzo's gaze to see Luca now cowering in his seat. He could get that kind of reaction will a mere glance? Yikes...

"Parker?" I hear my name.

Turning to meet Lorenzo, I give him my full attention.

"I expect verbal answers." he states.

"We all do." Ares spits with venom.

"It's just so we know you understand us, bambina. To ensure your safety." Matteo chimes in. 

"oh- okay" I mutter in response.

Wait... my safety?

This is going to be a lot harder than I initially thought. How am I to stay in the shadows if they expect me to talk everytime I'm spoken to. Ugh, I just want to curl up in my bed and cry. Why do things have to be so difficult for me? 

"On to our most important rule, respect. I expect you to respect me as well as all of your brothers." Lorenzo demands.

Okay, that sounds doable. I mean, I would never intentionally disrespect them- plus, it's not like I'm a big backtalker. 

"Parker?" Lorenzo sighs.

Shoot, I already forgot the first rule.

"r-right, I understand." I quickly respond.

"Going off of respect, you are to always inform us of your whereabouts." Lorenzo continues.

I can do that. It's not like I can drive anywhere anyway.