[32]

Matteo called us all into the foyer to wait for Parker

Matteo called us all into the foyer to wait for Parker. He said she wanted to make a grand entrance, revealing her Halloween costume. 

I've been told by all my brothers how high her spirits have been these past few days. Who knew some childish holiday would cause so much happiness in my sorellina. Nevertheless, if she's happy so am I. 

She deserves to be a kid. If that means dressing up in some ridiculous costume and asking strangers for candy, then so be it. I agreed to let her go trick or treating under the condition of Luca not leaving her side. Of course, there will be plenty of added security following her around - but she doesn't need to know that. 

Heavy footsteps pull me out of my thoughts. I look to the entrance and see Matteo enter the room alone. He stands next to me with a bright smile on his face. 

If one thing is for certain, Parkers presence has brought a lot more smiles to our cold emotionless faces. 

"Where's Parker?" I ask turning to Matteo.

I expected them to enter together. 

"She'll be here in a minute, I was just assisting her with one of her accessories." He replies emphasizing the last word.

I hum in response, leaning my body against the staircase railing.

"She being cute or scary?" Bruno asks from across the room.

He stands beside Ares, both waiting to leave for their businesses.

"She told me scary, but you could die with how adorable she looks." Matteo responds.

That doesn't surprise me, everything our sorellina does it cute - even her sneezes. 

"What is she dressed up as again?" Ares asks.

He leans against the wall with his arms crossed, looking to want to be anywhere but here.

"She wouldn't say, however I have my guesses." Matteo smirks looking to my direction.

Before anyone has a chance to respond, the quiet patter of shoes alert us Parker is about to make her grand entrance.

Wordlessly, I straighten myself out, noticing all my brothers push themselves off the walls as well. Even if they feel this holiday is immature, they still respect and give Parker their full attention. 

The rooms attention is drawn to the little girl skipping through the door. The biggest smile I have ever seen produced lays on her face. She stops infront of the semicircle we have subconsciously created.

"Ta-da!" She happily shouts, twirling in a circle.

While she spins, I take note of her costume. It's definitely not what I was expecting, though that seems to be a theme with Parker. 

"Guess who I am, Guess who I am!" She excitedly chants, no longer spinning.

I honestly don't care who she is, I just want her mood to always remain this high. This is easily the happiest I've ever seen her.

"Umm... George Clooney?" Luca guesses.

Of course, he's wrong. Parker most likely doesn't even know who that is.

"Nope." She replies, her face hinting at confusion.

 "James Bond?" Bruno's tries. 

"Wrong again." Parker teases, sticking her tounge out at him in the process.

A moment of silence ensues before the middle child loses his patience. 

"Okay, I give up, who are you?" Ares asks attempting to play along.

Parker's smile never leaves her face as she glances at each and everyone of us, trying to prolong the suspense. 

"I'm Enzo!" She squeals, resting her gaze on me.

The three youngest brothers faces widen in awe, while Matteo smirks. It is safe to conclude Matteo correctly guessed her costume but choose not to voice so, wanting to let Parker enjoy her moment. 

"Why are you dressed as me, bambina?" I decide to speak up.

She shuffled as few steps closer to me, offering a now sheepish smile.

"Cause everybody is scared of you!" She informs me with a bit of shyness in her tone.

I guess she was expecting me to be happy. I am over the moon but, an eleven year would not be able to notice that by my trained emotionless face.

I take a few steps forward, effectively closing the gap between us. Instead of lifting her chin to meet my gaze, I drop to a squatting position. 

"Do you fear me, Parker?" I questioned looking directly into her eyes.

I can't bare to have her be frightened of me, family is the only thing I care about. However, Parker is the only person my harden heart seeks approval from.

"No... well not anymore." She mutters fiddling with her fingers.

A habit she seems to does quite frequently.

"At first you were scary, but then I met the real you. Teddy Bear Enzo." She continues, whispering the last part thinking I wouldn't hear.

Dio Mio, this kid is melting my heart.

I straighten her white collar, tucking it under the tie at the top. Standing back to my full height I glance down at Parker who returns my gaze with eagerness. 

With a slight nod of my head, I open my arms indicating she can in fact hug me. Not that she needs permission. 

Parker jumps into my arms, attacking me with one of her infamous bear hugs - more like cub hug.

I move her to my hip, not quite ready to let her leave my arms yet. Looking to our brothers, I see them watching the interaction with soften expressions. 

"Oh! Look at the awsome watch Matteo got me, so I can be just like you!" Parker excitedly states in my arms.

I take her offered wrist in my hand, examining the watch. Of course, Matteo got her a Rolex. I wanted to be the first one to get her one.

"It's beautiful." She mutters still in awe.

I chuckled at her facial expression, an actual smile appearing on my face.

"Not nearly as beautiful as you." I whisper back, giving her forehead a kiss.

Despite her slightly embarrassed face from not being used to receiving such affectionate comments, she starts giggling.

"You just called yourself beautiful because I'm you!" She laughs gesturing to her outfit.

I let out an amused breath of air, while setting her down on her own feet.

"You go have fun with Luca now, okay?" I tell her with my hands on her shoulders.

Parker wraps her arms around me one more time, muffling her okay before she runs over to Luca. Watching her attempt to drag him to the door is a very amusing sight. 

I make eye-contact with Luca one last time giving him a look that says if she comes back with a hair on her head out of place, you're dead. Being used to these looks, Luca just sends me a curt nod before disappearing outside with my mini-me.

I leave my remaining brothers to their own devices, all of us heading our separate ways for the night. Making my way to the third floor, my phone buzzes in my pocket. 

I open my phone to some messages from Bruno. Clicking his contact, I'm met multiple candid photos of Parker and I just moments ago. 

Though I enjoy them all, one sticks out to me in particular. I hold my sorellina in my arms as she smiles up at me. Only, for once, I smile back. 

That's getting framed for sure.

[word count 1200]