[7]

Beautiful would be the understatement of the year when describing the house in front of me

Beautiful would be the understatement of the year when describing the house in front of me. I am sure my jaw is touching the floor right now. 

The building before me looks fresh out of a fairytale. The house, no mansion, looks to be made out of limestone, however the stone is barely visible as it is covered in the most luscious green ivy. The windows all look to be tinted so you cannot see the inside- or maybe it's because they look like giant mirrors. 

Before I embarrass myself further by possibly drooling at the sight in front of me, Matteo ushers me inside. Dang it, I really wanted to explore the garden.

Upon entering the house, I barely have anytime to admire the interior as I am struggling to keep up with Matteo. Plus my hurt ankle is definitely not helping the situation. Does Matteo have to have such long legs?

I chase after him up a ridiculously extravagant staircase before he twists and turns down different hallways. How do they expect me to not get lost? I need a map.

Suddenly, Matteo stops at a door and motions for me inside. Jeez, let me catch my breath.

"This is your new bedroom. It is bit plain right now, but we can change it to however you'd like it. I'll let you get settled and come get you in an hour for dinner. How's that sound?" Matteo speaks in a genuinely happy voice. What's he so happy about?

I just nod my head in response. 

But realizing he's waiting for a verbal answer, I manage out a few words.

"erm- uh- yeah, thanks" I mentally curse myself for sounding ungrateful.

Hopefully, he'll just let it slide. There is no way I can take another beating for being ungrateful. My body just can't handle it, especially from someone built like him.

"Alright, see you later Bambina" Matteo smiles before walking away, leaving me shocked.

Did he not think I was being ungrateful? 

I listen to his retreating footsteps before quietly shutting the door. Only then do I sink down to my knees, head resting on the back of the door. How did I get here?

Lifting my head, I look around my new room. Oh my gosh, it's huge. There is a king size bed that could probably fit ten of me. On either side of the bed there are nightstands with fancy looking lamps. The furthest wall seen upon entering has a built in bookshelf covering the entire wall. There is a gap inbetween for the window which has a cosy looking window seat. That will be perfect for reading! Lastly, the wall connected to the entry door has a desk fully stocked with stationary supplies. 

The final wall has a T.V. mounted that separates two doors. I can only assume those doors are the closet and bathroom. Wait... I have my own bathroom and a walk-in closet?

Getting off the floor, I make my way to the first door. Pushing it open, I am met with the most luxurious bathroom I've ever seen. A double sink vanity sits across from a bathtub. Not just any bathtub though, one of those bathtubs that stand on four legs! There is also a glass doored shower that could easily be built for giants. Of course, there is also a toilet.

I snoop around the bathroom a little bit more and discover the floors are heated! I find a linen closet filled to the brim with towels. It should be illegal how soft and fluffy they feel. I also find the drawers of the vanity to be stocked with anything anyone could ever need. Whoa, these guys are rich.

Leaving the bathroom, I walk over to what I assume to be the closet. Pushing the door open, I am met with a room that is bigger than my entire bedroom at my last house. All this just for clothes?

There was not much to explore in the closet as it is empty, so I start to walk back into my room. However, I stop when I catch a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror. The person staring back at me does not belong here. I look like a fish out of water.

Deciding to check up on my bruises, I take a deep breath and raise my shirt. I am met with angry looking purple, green, and blue bruises, some even looking black. That's definitely not healing well.

A knock at my door startles me. I quickly lower and smooth out my shirt before answering the door. Has it been an hour already?

Opening the door a few inches, I am met with a smiling Matteo. 

"Come on, Bambina. Dinner awaits!" He hyperly exclaims.

Reluctantly, I follow Matteo back through the twists and turns of the house before I start to hear the growing sound of voices speaking.  

As the noise gets louder, so does my anxiety. I hope my other three brothers are nice. Maybe one will even be younger than me?

I watch as Matteo enters what I assume to be the dining room, but I stop. I stare at my feet, I just can't seem to get them to move. What if they hate me? What if they hurt me? 

Matteo must have noticed my lack of attendance because he reappears in the doorway. 

"There you are, Bambina." He says.

I just stare at him. He must of sensed my nerves because he takes a few steps closer to me and tries bending to my height.

"Everyone is so excited to meet you. You've got nothing to worry about, they'll love you." Matteo encourages. 

Hesitantly, I look Matteo in the eyes for the first time.

"Pr-promise?" I whisper.

Matteo's face softens at my question.

"I promise." He agrees with sincerity.

Slowly, Matteo reaches a hand out to me. I look to the hand before looking to its owner. Should I take it? Can I trust him?

Deciding to trust him, for the time being, I take Matteo's hand. His hand is huge compared to mine, that's funny. I look up at Matteo's face and I think I see a smile. Maybe he's thinking the same thing?

Together we walk into the dining room. As soon as we enter, silence ensues. Three knew pairs of eyes are staring at me, making me squirm in my shoes. I swear there gazes are burning holes right through me. The silence is interrupted by I think the youngest of them.

"Wait, I thought Parker was a boy?" He chokes over his water.

[word count 1096]