[19]

Why on earth? Of all people she wants Ares to hold her? 

I won't lie, a pang of envy washed over me when she choose Ares. I was expecting her to choose Matteo. Given Matteo just stabbed her with a tube, I understand he was out of the running - even if is was for her own good. 

I exit Parker's room to find where the three youngest brothers went. I ordered them to leave when I saw Parker beginning to panic. It does not take much to notice she hates being the center of attention. 

I find the three of them sitting impatiently down the hall. Sensing my arrival, they all frantically stand up.

We may all act calm and collected in the presence our sorellina, but we are very concerned for her well being.

Despite, just meeting Parker, I can speak for all of us when saying we already love her. Her innocent kind nature is so refreshing to the world we have come to known. It's safe to say, a protective urge has come over all of us. 

"How is she?" Bruno is quick to ask.

I glance at the three of them, easily reading their concerned expressions.

"The chest tube insertion was quite painful for her, but she is resting now." I sigh in response running a hand through my hair.

"She has been given some rather strong pain medication causing her to be very drowsy." I say pasusing.

"However, she has requested to be held.... by Ares." I finish looking expectantly to Ares.

I honestly don't know how Ares is going to react. He is not known to show affection. I'm starting to think he's not even capable. 

"What?!" Luca shouts, clearly shocked. But, there is also a hint of jealousy laced in his tone.

"Yes, I know, it was unexpected." I chuckle in response.

"Are you serious? Why me?" Ares asks in disbelief.

I scan his face, seeing utter disbelief. 

"She said and I quote, 'Ares needs love too'." I tell Ares.

This gets a laugh out of Luca and Bruno, however Ares quickly shuts them down with an angry glare.

"I guess, that makes me the favorite brother." He smuggly states walking towards Parkers room.

He's definitely using humor to downplay how overjoyed he is right now. Parker chose him out of all her brothers and Ares is fully aware of this.

Turning to the two youngest brothers, I see their faces contort into realization before frowning accepting defeat.

"Our sorellina really is something special." I speak to them patting their shoulders for effect.

She really is.