[14]

Even though I was dreading taking Parker shopping as soon as I received Lorenzo's text, I know better than to complain to him

Even though I was dreading taking Parker shopping as soon as I received Lorenzo's text, I know better than to complain to him.  I was planning to stop by my tattoo shop to see how things were running. Instead, I was forced to take my little sister shopping.

However, much to my surprise, I have been enjoying my day with Parker. Luca is far too irresponsible to look after her in a crowded place. Ares, well he would just flat out refuse shopping with Parker. So, it's no surprise Lorenzo voted me responsible for Parker. 

I can tell Parker wants to warm up to Luca but is weary of his high energy. I don't blame her, Luca can be a lot to handle sometimes. It's easy to tell Parker is scared of Ares. Ares is not exactly the most welcoming. Out of all of us he is the least affectionate and or approachable. 

I rather enjoy Parker's company. Like me, she is very quiet. She never complains which is unusual for an eleven year old.  Come to think of it, by now I would have expected her to be tired. I can handle today's activities no problem, but her tiny body has got to be feeling drained.

I have been leading her through the mall. All day she has been wordlessly following me. Right now I'm with her walking to another store, probably the last one for today. 

"Parker, this'll be the last one for today. Okay?" I speak aloud.

I'm not super strict on the whole verbal response thing. I only expect a verbal response when I end my words in a questions or clarification. I'm certain Parker has caught on to this. So, when I don't hear her timid voice respond, I turn around.

I feel my heart drop. She's not behind me. She was just following me. Sure, she was a little behind, but I thought she'd catch up by now. 

"Parker?" I call out. No response. 

Part of me is hoping she'll pop out next to me, trying to scare me. Maybe, she's pranking me? 

No, Parker is not the jokester type. My mind immediately goes to the worst. But, it's not possible that our enemies have found out about her. Plus, we have guards all over the place. 

I decide to call Luca and Ares. Maybe they've seen her, they are in the mall after all. I dial Ares first. He picks up after the second ring.

"Yeah?" He asks annoyance clear in his tone.

"Have you seen Parker?" I question, getting right to the point.

"No, I thought she was with you." Ares responds seeming slightly alarmed.

"She was until I turned around, then she j-just vanished." I tell him getting more nervous.

"Cazzo... I'll talk to Luca and the guards. You keep looking for her she couldn't of gone far. " He declares hanging up the phone. 

Merda, this is not good. How can I lose her my first day with her. I need to get her a leash or maybe a bell.

 I need to get her a leash or maybe a bell