[49]

Loud ringing muffles the sounds around me, my only focus right now is Parker

Loud ringing muffles the sounds around me, my only focus right now is Parker. I run to where her body was blown, praying to God she's still with us. As I make my way over towards her, I'm faintly aware of the mild injuries I have sustained during the explosion. The slight sting being my only indicator.

The ringing in my ears fades as I fall to my knees beside Parker. Nausea erupts in my stomach as I take in the state of her, however I quickly swallow hard, needing to focus on helping my sorellina.

My immediate attention is brought to the flames that are still a burning her blazer, no doubt burning her skin as well. Quickly shrugging off my jacket, I cover the fire effectively putting out the flames.

With immediate danger out of the way, I breathe a small breath of relief as I see she is still breathing and awake. However, it's short lived as I see her struggling to take in air.

"Shh, shhh, it's okay bambina, I'm here. I'm right here." I attempt to reassure her as I analyze her body for any more injuries. It's difficult to determine as she is covered in dirt and ash.

My words seem to do little to calm her down, as she continues to hyperventilate. I pull her upper body, as gently as I can, into my lap.

This causes a large cry of pain to leave her lips, her arms moving to clutch her side.

"Parks, please, tell me where you're hurt. Bambina, please." I plead with her.

Once again receiving no response, I pry her hands from her side to look for myself.

"Cazzo," I choke under my breath.

A piece of shrapnel has punctured her abdomen, jagged metal sticking out. I quickly move my hands to hold it in place, this results in another scream from Parker.

"Hey, hey, you'll be okay. You're so strong, the strongest I know. I just need you to hang on a little while longer, okay?" I speak to Parker, once again attempting to comfort her.

Needing help, I raise my head, looking for Milo and Remo. Both are speaking on the phone, however Milo quickly pockets his, rushing towards me.

"Remo is on the phone with Lorenzo right now, I just called for an ambulance. They should be here any minute." Milo tells me, dropping to his knees accessing Parker.

She lays in my lap physically struggling to stay awake. Her blood loss looks to be minimal as whatever metal embedded into her keeps it in. I gulp at the thought of eventually having to take it out.

"Parks, baby, can you stay awake for me, please? Let me see those beautiful eyes." I try to coax Parker into keeping any consciousness she has left.

I feel useless as I hold her in my arms. I can't imagine the amount of pain she must be in right now. Her body must be shutting down either from shock or pain.

After what feels like an eternity, an ambulance pulls up, lights flashing and sirens ringing. Milo directs them towards Parker, who has unfortunately shut her eyes. Her unresponsiveness to my words worries me, but seeing her unconscious now, terrifies me.