[53]

After endless phone calls, my relentless hunt to track down those responsible for the explosion have finally led me to some answers

After endless phone calls, my relentless hunt to track down those responsible for the explosion have finally led me to some answers. If I must sacrifice time with Parker in order to enact revenge, then that's the price I am willing to take.

I have recruited the help of a trusted ally, the Spanish Mafia or as I know them, the Martinez family. Not only are they an ally, but someone I consider my friends. Not wanting to be too far from Parker, I have invited them to the hospital to discuss the matters at hand.

I currently reside in the original waiting room given to us when Parker was in surgery. A faint knock at the door pulls me from my thoughts. Rasing from my seat, I swing the door open. However, much to my surprise, a young boy greets me. Behind him, the three Martinez brothers stand.

The boy nervously glances behind his shoulder, back at the trio.

"Go on, Reid. You can speak for yourself." Sebastian, the oldest brother states.

The young boy, I assume now as Reid, visibly gulps focusing back on me.

"Hi sir, I was hoping I could.... umm see Parker? She's my friend, and I brought her some flowers." He asks anxiously.

A scoff comes from one of the three behind Reid.

"You're supposed to introduce yourself." Dante, the second oldest Martinez brother scolds.

"Oh... right, I'm Reid Martinez... the fourth and youngest." The young boy adds, sheepishly.

"I'm Lorenzo Moretti, Parker's oldest brother." I respond.

I hear Reid mutter I know. However, before Marcus, the third oldest Martinez brother can reprimand him for his tone, Matteo enters the hallway.

As all eyes turn to him, he quickly accesses the scene before him, his gaze finally landing on me.

"Matteo, please take Reid to Parker. I have matters to discuss with the oldest Martinez brothers." I announce to my brother.

He opens his mouth to object, but quickly shuts it. I have no doubt he was coming here to scold me about my distance with Parker. However, he understands Parker seeing a friend should boost her spirits.

With Reid handled, I escort those remaining into the room. As we take our seats, Sebastian is the first to speak.

"I apologize on behalf of my youngest brother. Reid overheard us speaking about the youngest Moretti, and demanded answers. We rarely see him raise his voice, let alone raise his voice to us, so we decided to let him ask you for permission." He explains.

I offer a chuckle. I understand now how stubborn preteens can be.

"All is well. Frankly, I'm glad Parker is making friends. Although, I must admit, I completely forgot you had a fourth brother." I respond, leaning back in my chair.