[57]

After changing into some comfy clothes per Matteo's request, he leads me to the forbidden third floor

After changing into some comfy clothes per Matteo's request, he leads me to the forbidden third floor. I get a sense of deja vu as I follow him through the hallway, it feels like I was just here yesterday when getting my chest tube stitches removed. It's clear to me that Doctor Matteo stands by his rule of being extra cautious with sanitation.

However, this time, I hear voices coming from the room at the end of the hall. I cannot make out what they are saying, so that only increases my curiosity.

"Teo, who's up here?" I ask with caution. The only other time I was up here, the floor was deserted.

He gently places his hands on my shoulders, effectively directing me away from said room.

"Lorenzo and the Martinez brothers." He answers quickly.

I huff, unsatisfied with his response. But, I honestly didn't expect a detailed answer.

"But, why? This floor is for business." I matter of factly state, and last I checked they were just fine speaking downstairs.

Matteo simply closes the door behind us and lifts me onto the hospital like bed.

"I'm sure Reid told you but, his brothers are not only friends but business partners with us." He responds seemingly bored with the subject.

In disbelief, I blow a raspberry at his turned back, "You guys need to work on how to be friends. Friends aren't that serious with each other." I state, recalling how boring their interactions have been. Plus, if Reid's brothers are anything like him, they'd be super fun to be around.

Matteo spins around with gloves now on, mocking offense.

"Friends also give advice and help each other, they would do almost anything for eachother." He responds now being the matter of fact one.

I listen to his words but shrug my shoulders in response. I don't like how cryptic everyone is being.

"Enough of this, let's free you of your stitches." Matteo declares, ending the topic of discussion.

I now stand in front of the three eldest Martinez brothers, worry is written across each of their faces

I now stand in front of the three eldest Martinez brothers, worry is written across each of their faces.This is a sight I don't think I have ever seen.

"Reid, he's gone." the oldest, Sebastian states.

My heart sinks as I realize my worst nightmare has come true for them. I don't want to even imagine Parker disappearing.

"It's only been a few days. We thought he ran away as he has never had the best relationship with us. I figured sure, let him be, he will come home as soon as he realizes how good he actually has it. He's almost 13, we figured he was just rebelling." Marcus, the youngest of the trio says.

I find it difficult to not shake my head at their careless actions, but must remind myself of the different relationship they share with their youngest. From what I've gathered, Reid was born and raised with his brothers. His parents moved back to their homeland of Spain briefly after his toddler years, as soon as Sebastion turned of age. So, from the age of 4 he was for the most part taken care of by maids or other house employees. I know Reid's brothers love him, I can see it in the way they talk about him. Unfortunately, they don't display any affection to their youngest brother, if any at all.

"However, this was not the case. It has been about a week since we've last seen or heard from him. We tried tracking his phone, but to no avail." Dante, the second oldest, tells me.

Showing empathy is something I don't normally do. I thought I was incapable of doing so before Parker came into my life. Imagining it was my sorellina in Reid's shoes makes me want to burn the world down to find him. It's what I would expect if it were me seeking help from the Martinez family.

"As your ally and friend, I will do everything in my power to help you get to the bottom of this." I inform them with utmost sincerity.

We have now been brainstorming ideas for the past few hours.

"Were there no warning signs? No threats from rivals?" I ask them.

They shake their heads, all of all sighing in both frustration and exhaustion.

"No one knows about Reid, we made sure of that." Sebastian answers after a few moments.

As I get ready for bed, I excitedly lay out my school uniform on the back of my chair

As I get ready for bed, I excitedly lay out my school uniform on the back of my chair. It feels like forever since I've seen my friends, and despite not loving school, if it means I can finally catch up with Reid, then I can't complain.

After showering, I rip off the plastic bag taped around my cast that was there to prevent it from getting wet. I brush my teeth and change into some pajamas before hopping into bed.

My side lamp is the only light that remains on as I wait for Lorenzo to say goodnight. It has become a little routine for him to say good night, turn my light off, but keep the hallway door cracked so my room is not engulfed in complete darkness. I think he somehow knows I am not the biggest fan of the dark, but then again, Enzo knows everything.

I patiently wait for Lorenzo to come, watching the minutes tick by on the digital clock resting atop my desk. Eventually, my face drops in realization that he is not coming tonight. It's okay, he's a busy guy. So, with a heavy heart, I crawl out of bed.

My feet pad across my carpeted floor as I make my way to my open door. Hopefully, I peek my head out into the hallway wishing for any signs of Enzo. When I have no such luck, I close my door till just a crack remains. Making my way back to my bed, I switch my side lamp light off and attempt to fall asleep.

"Good night, Enzo." I whisper as if he can hear me.

[word count 1050]