Ariella Hanson

TW
Contains parental abuse! A lot of it is mental health related so proceed with caution and if you can't take it I understand♥️

I was backhanded.

I croaked a sob, the urge to run strong.

My stomach clenched as a kick was delivered to it.

Fuck Timberlands.

"You're about to be fucking 18. Act like it and leave your attitude at the damn door." My father sneered and left to his room.

I sat there. Letting myself sob and hold my body as pain ran along my hot cheek and my stomach.

I stood, running to my bathroom, throwing up the water I've chugged all day.

I felt like I was dying.

I cried, crying until my lungs cramped with the lack of air.

I flushed, wiping my mouth and standing up, balancing myself on my vanity.

I took shaky breaths as I ran my hands over my face, turning the fosset to cold and splashing my face.

I brushed my teeth, wiping my eyes free of both tears and mascara.

I grabbed a makeup wipe, removing all of it. All of the sweat, the shit, the mask.

I took a heavy breath, trying to calm myself, make my eyes less red.

"Ella!" He shouted and I fixed my hair into a ponytail.

I walked out, my hands in front of me.

"I'm sorry. I'm tired honey." He came over, touching my face softly, cupping my chin.

"Okay." I whispered, sick to my stomach.

"Are you hungry? I'll grab food." He offered.

"A-actually can I go to the library? I have a test tomorrow and I'd like to study." I told him.

"Clean up your face, you're all gross." He said and I nodded.

I went back to the bathroom, putting on moisture and putting in some eye drops to make my eyes feel better.

I put some concealers on, covering the handprint that covered my face.

I followed that with new mascara and chapstick.

I took one final breath, grabbing my bag and keys, wishing to disappear for all of eternity.