Kai Embrose

Poor girl.

Threw up everything I fed her. I think I might've given more than she's used to.

I held her hair, rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"Don't be. We'll work on it. I'll get you a small glass of water afterwards." I nodded.

She threw up a bit more and I pulled wet wipes from under my sink, letting her clean up her face as I flushed the toilet and stood.

I offered her a hand and as she stood she nearly fell into me.

I caught her and she sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I know you're trying to help. I'm a mess." She whispered.

"It's okay angel, I'm here for you." I smother her hair from her face and walked out.

"Can you take me home? The sun is rising and I'm tired." She said.

"Sure." I followed her to my front door.

I opened it and walked with her across the street till she opened her front door.

Her house smelt like beer and something slightly rotten but I tried not to dwell.

She looked lightheaded and turned to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she collapsed.

I frowned, groaning as I picked her up.

She was too light.

I carried her up the stairs to her room, setting her down.

She was covered in dirt and some dried blood so I quickly ran to my house, grabbing a series of things like some of my bigger clothes, rubbing alcohol, bandaids, Q-tips, wet wipes, and an ice pack.

I went back, setting the cold pack under her neck, hoping color would come back soon.

I used the wipes, wiping her swollen face, her palms, her knees, and some dirt from sitting in her grass off the backs of her thighs.

I was hoping she'd wake up before offering her my clothes so I could ask permission.

I didn't want her to wake up and think I did something after god knows what her dad did.

I used the rubbing alcohol and cleaned her lip with a Q-tip, her eyebrow and chin too.

I put some on her palms and knees, putting bandaids on the small cuts and scrapes.

I sat by her, touching her face and attempting to call her name and wake her up.

She stirred and finally opened her eyes.

"There you are." I whispered and she groaned.

"Are you wearing undergarments?" I asked and she nodded.

"Can I change you into some clean clothes? They're mine so they'll be big and-"

"It's fine." She mumbled, her eyes red and tired.

I nodded, standing.

I pulled the shirt she wore over her head.

I tried, god I tried not reacting.

I looked at her face and silent tears fell down the sides of her face.

"Don't cry." I shook, grabbing the wipes.

I looked at how sucked in her stomach was. Her ribs out. She looked like she was meant to be a bigger girl. Like she was supposed to be a healthy 150-160.