Ariella Hanson

I knocked on my dads door, he was gone for work and I moved to get changed.

I worked on curling my hair but gave up, shoving it in a high pony

I put heavy foundation on but luckily this setting powder does wonders in covering the cakey look.

I felt my phone ringing and I grabbed it from my counter, answering it and putting it on speaker.

"Hey Ari." Peyton nearly sang.

"Hi babe." I answered, putting mascara on, making sure the purple bruise was absent.

Unfortunately I was white as snow and the bruises stuck out like hell.

I put some more foundation on top and it disappeared.

"Do you want me to get you?" She asked.

"Please. Oh god please." I laughed.

"Sure thing, we can swing by the cafe and I'll buy us breakfast." She told me.

"You're amazing."

"And in the front of your house."

I hung up, swinging my bag over my shoulder and leaving, locking the door so I had one less reason to be beaten when I came home.

I got in the car.

"Your dad working?" She asked and I smiled.

"He is." I nodded.

"Girl when are you gonna get a real car?" She joked, beginning the drive.

I kept the tight smile.

"It's enough. I get around just fine." I told her seeing a text from my dad.

Dad- lock the door?

Me- done

Dad- bring me home an A Ella.

Me- okay

Dad- if you fail I won't give you lunch money. You're too big right now anyways and it's not a good look for me.

Me- I'll try my best.

I rolled the window down.

"When am I ever gonna meet him Ari?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, he's quite busy." I put my hand out the window, shutting my eyes.

"Don't you have a new neighbor? Well he's across the street but he looks our age." She said and I gave her my attention.

"Never paid attention." I asked if I could put on music and she let me.

She parked, leaving me as she went inside the cafe.

She got me a tiny chocolate milk carton and a chocolate chip muffin.

"You're so good to me." I smiled.