Ariella Hanson

I yawned, an alarm going off and I sat up, Kai's phone going off.

I pressed the stop button hoping he didn't need it either.

I stood, stretching.

I walked to the bathroom, brushing my face and washing my face.

Only thing my dad paid for in whole was skincare and makeup so no one saw my face.

The bruises on my face and under my eye weren't swollen anymore, just an ugly color.

I walked downstairs, not seeing him on the couch or anything.

I went outside and he was smoking.

I went out there and he looked at me.

He looked tired as hell.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea, I'm good. You have an outfit in the dryer. Down the hall down here and take a left, dryer is the one of the right." He told me.

"You should stay here and sleep." I mumbled.

"I'm alright. I'll nap when we get back from school how about that?" He offered.

I sighed.

"Okay." Inhaling the subtle smell of weed from where I stood.

I hated the habit but I understood, I did like the smell though. If it wasn't strong.

I went where he said and I saw an outfit.

It was a bra, underwear, some of my baggier, low waisted jeans, a black tight fitted shirt and a white tee to go over it.

I smiled, putting on some of the perfume I got

I went to my house, seeing my room was empty. Literally gone.

All my dressers, my bed, my closet, my bathroom was even empty.

My big ass, queen sized bed.

I walked outside.

"You did that?" I pointed.

He blew out and looked at me, his eyes drowsy from probably smoking a while.

"Ari, go get ready for school. Please." He sighed and I frowned, leaving and seeing that room.

Everything was put together and in tact.

The closet had all my things nice and organized.

God he was a douche.

The sweetest most slappable douche ever.

I grabbed my converse, sliding them on after putting on no show socks.

I moved to the large bathroom and found my brush, raking it through my hair.

I went back to his room, grabbing out my toothbrush and bringing it in with my face wash and other things.

I did my makeup, vaseline on my lips.

I put my hair in a ponytail and frowned.

I walked back downstairs.

"Fridge." He nodded and I went, seeing a chocolate milk and a pastry bag side by side.

"God you're so annoying." I grabbed it and he frowned, confused.

"It's a compliment."

"A compliment after being called annoying?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Please don't take that out of context. As sweet as you are and this is and everything you're doing I feel like I'm a sort of burden and I don't want to cost you sleep." I sighed.

"You're not a burden." He told me.

"But-"

"Nothing Ariella. But nothing. In ten years from now who will be on your mind when you think about your teenage years beside your dad?" He asked.

"Well you-"

"Then I don't see the issue. It's not like I'm doing this to be forgotten. I want to be the one to help you, I don't have a lot and you're nice to me. That's all that matters sometimes. You want me to live then let me be your friend. Let me be happy knowing your comfortable around me and I can make you laugh by letting you paint my nails and fall on the floor of a Target store. Let me be happy knowing I have something traumatic in common with someone and you have the possibility to understand me more than anyone else. I'm happy doing this Ari. As tired as I look, I am." He told me.

I smiled, opening the bag and splitting the muffin in half, handing him one side.

He laughed, shaking his head tiredly as he took it.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Don't be. You can't read my mind and I can't read yours. That's why words exist." He leaned forward, kissing my forehead.

"Let's go. Grab your chocolate milk. Your backpack is in my car." He said and I followed him.

"Good outfit choice by the way." I smiled.

"Why thank you." He bowed, mocking what I did last night and I laughed.